Separate areas for HG

• i am not the biggest fan of the pvp of this game, but for achievements i have to do that. but, the fact that you decided to put the match in adventure zone, it can happen everything, of course to ruin the jet stressing fight against the other ship, such as storms and sons of women that work in the streets that comes in the fight making a 1v1 pretty unbalanced for the one they chose to eliminate first. also the area where an attacker spawns is completely choosen by the defender, and you can say "yOu CaN pLaY iN pAsSiVe aNd WaIt tO bE aTtaCkEd11!!!!11111!!!!" but the issues remains.
    also the lack of xp that the loser recieve is ridicolous, imagine fight amazingly for am hour and being sunken by the usual brigantine that enters in the fight area and decide to attack you. you, alone, are against 2 ships, you loose and you get the SAME xp that you could do just scuttling your ships asap while the match is starting. let's give xp after doing stuff, as the log of the ship just register every thing you do, why this thing cannot being added?

my suggestions are:

• make an area of fight out the map, me and my opponent both dive and we emerge in this zone, where no one can enter, or exit, giving us Xp for what we have done in the match, also for give the incentive to people that doesn't love fighting, to fight.

thanks

Views
  • Recent topic about this, with reasons why this is not a good idea: https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/167886/why-no-hourglass-only-servers

• So yes getting third partied is frustrating, but your example isn't really even supporting your idea if you weren't bothered for an hour of fighting. Sounds like they came over to put you out of your misery. Try not doing solo sloop so they're not long drawn out fights and usually there isn't a lot of opportunity to be attacked. I hourglass frequently and yes it's annoying but it's also not common enough to deem a problem. The issue with your fight was how long you took in general and third party has just solidified it. If you fought for 2 hours without interruption and lost it would have been just as frustrating.

• i am not the biggest fan of the pvp of this game, but for achievements i have to do that

"Have too" or not.

of course to ruin the jet stressing fight against the other ship

You know, without Hourglass (which is just a Pvp on demand tool) that just be a normal fight on the Open World Seas.

, such as storms and sons of women that work in the streets that comes in the fight making a 1v1 pretty unbalanced for the one they chose to eliminate first

I bet if the fight happen in your favor, you wouldnt be complaining.

also the area where an attacker spawns is completely choosen by the defender,

Not unless both are Divers and it spawns you in a random open area. What wrong with home field advantage?

also the lack of xp that the loser recieve is ridicolous

Better than None.

magine fight amazingly for am hour and being sunken by the usual brigantine that enters in the fight area and decide to attack you. you, alone, are against 2 ships, you loose

Imagine a fight that lasted 5min and winning because a Galleon decided to pick Your solo Sloop because you were a faction they liked and gave you support. 2 vs 1, You win.

make an area of fight out the map, me and my opponent both dive and we emerge in this zone, where no one can enter, or exit, giving us Xp for what we have done in the match, also for give the incentive to people that doesn't love fighting, to fight.

That not what HG was created for. And where are the map can you be placed that wont block progression for another ship?
    Also, XP for things you done. That can be super exploited.

• Would be cool if instead of just loser exp. They would add in shots hit, times players died. With bonuses for mast knocked down, anchor damage and wheel damage.

Views
5 out of 6