Ps5 premium edition

• Hi I pre ordered the standart version of the game but now I want to get the premium version, can I just upgrade it or do I have to buy the whole game (premium edition) again ?

Views
  • @callmelyna you’ll probably have to cancel your pre-order and rebuy the edition you want. Contacting PlayStation support would be the ideal for exact answers tbf.

• @callmelyna

Yes I would contact PS support directly. Seems the safest option to me.

Good choice also. 5 days early access and a battle pass.

I went for the same version.

• @callmelyna said in Ps5 premium edition:

Hi I pre ordered the standart version of the game but now I want to get the premium version, can I just upgrade it or do I have to buy the whole game (premium edition) again ?

It has been suggested elsewhere to open a chat with PS support and have them manually upgrade your pre-order using your on file wallet/gift balance since you cannot do so directly.

If you played the Beta, I would be concerned that doing a refund might remove the eligibility of the Beta Rewards since the original purchase would no longer be valid.

Upgrading the pre-order might have the same issue with Beta Reward eligibility if Support ends up cancelling the pre-order from their end and making a new order.

• @the-crazy-beard

That’s a good shout also.

OP just contact customer services and take their advice. Perhaps Crazy Beard’s statement would be one to propose to them should any issues arise with a full refund.

• Just came to say that I did this yesterday and it was done with no argument.

One thing they did say was that the refund could take up to 10 days to process but as mine was paid for by my PlayStation wallet balance, it was immediate. Just one thing to consider in case you end up needing to pay for the premium edition while awaiting the refund.

• @venividivici464

Urgh. If that was the case, I’d definitely pay for it and take the refund to my PS wallet. 5 days early access to get the game 3 days late doesn’t sound right to me.

• I’d suggest doing the refund with the acceptance you may have to pay again while waiting, if the refund comes in instantly then happy days

• @venividivici464 Ended up just doing live chat and requested a refund, the refund came in the next day and I got the premium edition

• @callmelyna

Nice. Now you can enjoy 5 days earlier!

• @callmelyna

Great, glad it worked out for you

• Does anyone know if there is a certain amount of time where playstation won't let you refund? I pre ordered the game well over a month ago and also want to call support to refund and upgrade to the premium edition. Just don't wanna waste my time if too much time has passed to allow me to get the refund. Thanks.

• @dwetz6217

I doubt that you will have many issues doing this. You are technically not asking for a refund. They gain 50% more money from you after all. You’ve nothing to lose - go for it!

Views
9 out of 13