Game Darkness Accessibility

• Hi I would love to hear some opinions from others on a topic I hold dear to me.
    Starting off ill explain more about me. Two and a half years ago I was hit by a truck and of the many injuries and problems I've faced from that one stands out the most while gaming. I have lost the center of my eyesight in the dark preventing me from seeing on dark ships and dark places. This makes the game nearly impossible for me at night and or when fire is on a ship. I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on how to fix this. They ways I would fix it are:

A brightness toggle, this toggle can be bound to the controller or keyboard and when activating turns the brightness up a set amount or a selected amount for better control to see at night. This toggle would help navigate through dark places with just a click. Once clicked again the toggle would deactivate and go back to the normal brightness to prevent eye strain from the extra brightness.

Another way is to be able to turn the darkness off while surrounded by fire. This is the most annoying thing for me as 1 area of fire completely destroyed my brightness making me completely unable to see. Similar to how you can toggle burr on ghostly loot, I would like a toggle on fire darkening the screen.

Id like to hear other suggestions on how yalls think this could be fixed or anything else that is similar to more accessible eyesight
    Sorry if typing is bad and any mistakes I made typing this

Views
    feedbackcommunity
  • Game is super dark at times, I've thought about wanting an auto setting depending on the time of the day for a long time.

I like it.

They do good work for accessibility in this game and I think this fits well.

• @wolfmanbush I've been thinking about it for a long while with the decreased of my eyesight it makes me want it more and more

• Ive already seen gameplay where players turn up the brightness.
    Mainly to see things..others with normal settings wouldnt.

But it also makes the game look ugly.

• @burnbacon yeah when it gets dark I have to fumble through 3 menus and scroll down a ways just so I can be able to see. I just want to be able to hit a button and avoid all of the menus

• My dad actually had a similar complaint about this game, his eyesight isn't the best and its getting worse quicker than we thought it would. I would love for this game to give some accessibility options regarding contrast and lighting in addition to their already robust colourblind support.

Views
feedbackcommunity
1 out of 6