How to play with more than a few friends?

• This is probably a very common question, but i am newer to Sea of Thieves.

So I'm not out for loot grinding or for making some huge "fleet." I just want to have fun but can only have a few friends on at a time. I just ran into a situation where we had a full crew for a galleon, but I had 3 other friends online that still wanted to play with us.

I couldn't figure out how to get them on the same server. Our playstyle is just us screwing around and trolling each other (non maliciously) for content we plan on putting on YouTube.

Is there any way to get more friends on the same server (obviously with their own ship) that doesn't violate any rules? We aren't out to cause problems or grief other players. We just want to get on, have a few laughs before the next skeleton blows us up with a powder keg...

Views
    xbox onewindows 10generalquestioncommunity
  • 2 main ways. Yall hop separately on the desired ship sizes and try to end up on the same server. Put up the marked flags or look for markings like reaper chests and events.

or ask someone nicely if they will give you their boat when they are done with their session. Nice and polite and not pushy.

People do it all the time.

Can be time consuming depending on your region and doesn't always work out but those are a couple of options.

You aren't gonna get in any trouble. People can coordinate to do stuff like that, in fact a LOT happens in this game through coordination to different degrees.

I never do that kind of stuff so I'm not sure if guild ships can currently get on the same server, might wanna look into that if you are a guild together.

Another thing I don't know is if there are different success rates for hopping with different boat sizes.

Views
xbox onewindows 10generalquestioncommunity
1 out of 2