Diving / Reaper mechanic changes

• I disagree with the current state of the game where certain adventures force your ship into a dive (for example, raid voyages like skele forts)

The issue is exacerbated to such an extreme manner that you can just load into the game as a solo sloop (for people like myself who have neither the friends to play with nor social battery for randoms) and have just raised your level 1 emissary flag. You then are forced into a dive in order to go into that quest, and without fail every single time i have done so, I have been shoved into a server with a T5 reaper emissary the next island over and am already within visible range of their ship, so they don't even have to be actively checking their map table.

1. I don't think players should be forced into a dive for any of the playlist missions
    2. being shoved into a server with fully upgraded reapers is not a balanced game imo. to the same degree that a t5 reaper is able to dive to server hop and cheese their progression by getting a new pool of players to sink. Reapers should be rebalanced so that once they are Tier 5 emissaries, their time to view all emissaries in the server is temporary and placed on a time based cooldown, or that they can only see players with T3 or 4 emissary flags or higher.

Before anyone jumps to the conclusion that I just hate PvP and should just go back to safer seas, thats not what im saying. PvP is part of the game, yes, and I agree that it should be, I just dont think the current state of the game is balanced in a way that truly makes reapers work for their grades, and the diving mechanic issue above only exacerbates their over accelerated leveling and ability to receive critical locations of other players

for reference, one instance of surfacing for skele fort tonight and already visible to t5 immediately here

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • yeah the raids are still not working as designed

If I don't crash during a skele fleet raid I emerge to a brig or galleon nearly within cannon range quite often. Sloops too but during a skele raid brigs and galleons are often going to be the more aggressive ships in that scenario.

and it's really awkward organically because the skelly ships are so bugged to sink easily and fleets are so nerfed in general

so it's not even like it's raiding into a fun fleet fight scenario

• @erebosofshadows said in Diving / Reaper mechanic changes:

I disagree with the current state of the game where certain adventures force your ship into a dive (for example, raid voyages like skele forts)

The issue is exacerbated to such an extreme manner that you can just load into the game as a solo sloop (for people like myself who have neither the friends to play with nor social battery for randoms) and have just raised your level 1 emissary flag. You then are forced into a dive in order to go into that quest, and without fail every single time i have done so, I have been shoved into a server with a T5 reaper emissary the next island over and am already within visible range of their ship, so they don't even have to be actively checking their map table.

1. I don't think players should be forced into a dive for any of the playlist missions
    2. being shoved into a server with fully upgraded reapers is not a balanced game imo. to the same degree that a t5 reaper is able to dive to server hop and cheese their progression by getting a new pool of players to sink. Reapers should be rebalanced so that once they are Tier 5 emissaries, their time to view all emissaries in the server is temporary and placed on a time based cooldown, or that they can only see players with T3 or 4 emissary flags or higher.

Before anyone jumps to the conclusion that I just hate PvP and should just go back to safer seas, thats not what im saying. PvP is part of the game, yes, and I agree that it should be, I just dont think the current state of the game is balanced in a way that truly makes reapers work for their grades, and the diving mechanic issue above only exacerbates their over accelerated leveling and ability to receive critical locations of other players

for reference, one instance of surfacing for skele fort tonight and already visible to t5 immediately here

You won’t be able to dive to a location if there are players near by, so the game queues you until there’s a spot available out there somewhere and you enter that server. I think between 2 to 3 squares of distance on the map are required in order for a player to spawn in. You should have time to get a head start while they’re still fairly far away from you, that doesn’t mean they couldn’t eventually catch you either way, but you have options. Without the diving mechanic you could no longer streamline the quick content you seem to like having available. Being able to jump from one server to another ensures that you can spawn at a fort by yourself, within relative safety since you cannot spawn on top of players.

You mentioned that you only had just started, and hadn’t even gained emissary yet in your first example. So just try again if they sink you? Like you said, PvP is part of the game. So if you find yourself in a situation you believe to be hopeless, and you have no loot, then shoot some cannon balls and restart maybe. It can be pretty quick.

You must have really bad luck if you’re running into a reaper an island away every time.

Edit; maybe the diving is bugged like wolfmanbrush said? I’d say report it, but it probably already has.

• certain adventures force your ship into a dive (for example, raid voyages like skele forts)

Your not forced. Dont do them :P

without fail every single time i have done so, I have been shoved into a server with a T5 reaper emissary the next island over

And? Myself have never encountered this, could be a Bug? Maybe not nevertheless tho. Does it matter?

I don't think players should be forced into a dive for any of the playlist missions

Your not forced. You simply dont do them.

being shoved into a server with fully upgraded reapers is not a balanced game imo.

"Balanced" Just because you see a Reaper Grade 5, doesnt mean they are gonna attack you or are even Good at pvp. They could (like myself) be on there marry way.

If you are so Scared of Pvp, Reapers or whatever...Dont raise Emissary. It very simple for your issue.

• @capt-greldik it can't be every time only 1 out of my last 10 dives have had an active reaper in the server and they had the alliance flag up I did a skull of destiny voyage and activated the fotd to give them something to so while I completed the fleet! OP obviously just got angy that he had just got on and was attacked off the bat ...... it happens sink, respawn, dive and forget it happened!

• Reapers server hopping isn't "Cheesing their progression." What else am I supposed to do if there are no emissaries? I mean almost 80% of the time when I raise reaper by the time I hit grade 5 everyone on the server has lowered emissary

• It's bugged. A few weeks go dove to a fleet, a grade 5 guild also in the fleet, within cannon and snipe distance.

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 7