Sea of Thieves crashing on Startup.

• Hello! I have been a Sea of Thieves player for quite I while now. However, about 2 or 3 months ago, the game suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to open the game up, I am greeted with an error message saying, "Sea of Thieves did not shut down correctly the last time it was run. Do you want to run a file integrity check? For more information visit: https://aka.ms/SotDataCorruption". I am prompted with yes or no. When I click no, the game crashes. When I click yes, the game loads for about five minutes before giving me another error message saying my drivers crashed. I reinstalled my drivers and checked for updates, and everything seemed fine. I then clicked the link mentioned in the error message (https://aka.ms/SotDataCorruption) and tried almost all of the solutions in it. I turned my computer on and off, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked my anti-virus, and looked up more information on it, but I'm still not getting any solutions. The only thing I did not try in this link was the following:

"Please try removing the corrupted file, if the file name in the error is always the same when you try to launch: Boot the game and take note of corrupt file from your screenshot (For example: Core_9ef849ee) Right click Sea of Thieves from your Games list in Steam. From the context menu select 'Properties'. From the 'Local Files' tab click 'Browse Local Files'. Once viewing the game files for Sea of Thieves navigate to Athena > Content > Paks. Using the search bar in the top right hand corner, search for the file which is corrupted (Core_9ef849ee) and then delete that file. Return to your properties window for Sea of Thieves, then again from the Local Files section select 'Verify Integrity of Local Game Files...' Once complete, restart and test the game."

I would try this too, but the game doesn't prompt me with an error message for what file is corrupted. Today, I tried starting the game up again, but am now greeted with an error message from Steam, saying "An error occurred while launching this game: app configuration unavailable. It won't even let me get to the loading screen now! I have been playing this game for a long time, and really want to play it again! If anyone could help, that would be great.

Views
  • I am MrBones friend and I’ve been getting into the game again too and I really want to play with him again but we do not know what to do please send solutions if you know of any thank you!

• Please raise a Support ticket and our team will take a look.

Views
1 out of 3