Absolutely no game chat (XSX)

• Hello, I have been experiencing an issue with my game chat. I have googled and looked through a lot of similar issues with no fix. Here is what is going on. I can hear people within my xbox party chat as well as discord on xbox. Now correct me if I am wrong...when I am in Xbox party chat I should still be able to hear other pirates in game when they are talking. These players are not in a party or discord...they are open mic and in game chat. I know this because my crewmate is in game chat talking to them. more to this scenario he is not in a party anymore because I know in order to be game chat you cannot be in a party well yes if you stay in the party and switch to game chat but we both left the party so that is a non issue. We are fully open mic and in game chat so are the other people. I hear absolutely nothing from anyone (team mate or other players) I have went through all of the settings, privacy settings, unplug the mic plug it in, reset console. leave game, join game, push to talk bound to the RS stick push in. push to talk on, toggle and hold. no luck. I have tried 3 different headsets, xbox chat set, steelseries headset and razer headset. all sets work in xbox party and discord chats but not game chat.

please help, I am beyond frustrated.

Views
  • Does this happen regardless of whether you charter a ship or sail for a guild? I am having the same problem, but only when I sail for a guild. When I charter a ship, the game chat works. When I sail for a guild it doesn't.

Views
1 out of 2