Skeleton Galleons too easy?

• Hi, I'm new to these forums so I'm unsure if this where I post, but I do have a question.

Does anybody find skeleton galleons currently easy to take down? Maybe it's just me when I'm sailing with my buddy on a sloop but I remember those things being tough to take down and require more cannonballs to sink. Curious if it's been the glitchy and laggy of the game currently, or it's the scaling to the crew sizes.

Views
    xbox onewindows 10generalquestionfeedback
  • I think they are currently bugged and don't repair.

• That's what I thought too! I went inside one of them and the skeletons look like they just spawn and that's it.

• @d3adst1ck they are currently indeed bugged, none of the skeleton ships perform any sort of repairs

• Time for FloF cheese 🧀 🐀

• I'm hoping they address the meg and skelly ship issues in the somewhat near future.

I'd rather behavior be bugged than spawning though.

It's unfortunate for the design of the game but it's far worse when skelly ships and/or megs are spawn bugged.

At least they are around. Having played through all the different bugs with megs/skelly ships, these aren't good but they've been worse.

• My friend and I both think the same thing. The skeleton sloops as well. Took just ten shots to sink one. I really hope it's a bug that's going to be fixed and not just a choice they've made.

• Seems to me they spawn more in Safer Seas. I've gotten three in one hour of sailing.

• @sandstone42 said in Skeleton Galleons too easy?:

Seems to me they spawn more in Safer Seas. I've gotten three in one hour of sailing.

emergent spawns are largely focused on the individual timers (other than kraken) so I doubt high seas and safer seas are much different for megs or skelly ships.

Megs are far more predictable than skelly ships typically but in season 11 it's not super unusual to see 2 or 3 individual skelly spawns in an hour or so, but it varies.

My guess would be that they probably don't have 2 entirely different systems set up for spawn rates.

Some see it as "I'm alone in safer seas so I am going to get attacked more without the other ships taking spawns" but that's not how emergent spawning is set up. It's pretty timer based for the individual ship/player.

That doesn't mean it works perfectly and as intended all the time but that's the design.

The exception to that is the kraken. Kraken will still be hours apart but with one ship the chance will go up significantly for 1 encounter, depending on time played.

• Does anybody find skeleton galleons currently easy to take down?

They use to be challenging. But the sea of tears made them change it.

Views
xbox onewindows 10generalquestionfeedback
1 out of 10