Non-Playable Stuttering

• Everything's fine until Tutorial. Zero lag/stutter on any loading videos.

Symptoms: image/motion stuttering, mouse movement lag, WASD lag, mouse clicking lag (1-2 seconds) even in menus.

Task Manager: From launching Steam game to sitting in tutorial, CPU never spikes higher than 72%, but just sitting in tutorial CPU hovers between 35% and 55%. GPU never goes higher than around 68%ish but once sitting in tutorial, hovers at 50% Memory never goes higher than 46% - only gets that high once in tutorial.

Working with: 32GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics, 2100 MHz, 6 Cores, Windows 11 (Home), 64 bit, storage 1TB fixed hard disk.

What I've tried: lowest graphics settings, 540p resolution, windowed, Vsync both on and off. I saw online someone talking about modifying prefetch and superfetch to "keep RAM pre-filled with data..." but that advice is out of date and I do not have superfetch (that I can find). Have set windows setting to prioritize/optimize windowed games.

Suspicions: Windows 11 hates Sea of Thieves and Microsoft likes to torture us.

Please advise.

Views
1 out of 1