PS5 upgrade help

• So with the game finally coming to the PS5 this April I was hoping if someone could assist me with this question so I'm thinking of pre-ordering the base edition of the game then to upgrade to the premium edition at a later date oncr I've got extra funds does anyone know if that's possible cos I've seen a few people mention online that you cannot upgrade your game to one of the other versions so if that's the case then I'll probably have to wait for the premium edition to go on sale before I'm able to set sail with friends.

Views
  • @cravinho hey so the good news is that the deluxe edition of the game is essentially just some extra cosmetics on sale. You can buy the individual pieces that you want at a later time.

I believe the only exclusive items come from pre-ordering it instead of buying it after the ps5 release date.

Welcome to the seas!

• @captain-fob4141 sweet so the items in the premium edition like darkwarsmith ship and costume will be available for purchase cos someone told me they only available in the premium edition that's why I was thinking of getting the base edition of the game on release then to upgrade to the premium edition at a later date 🙂

• @cravinho

Nah. Like the other guy said, pre-order bonus and the PS5 Beta sails would be the only things you can't get at a later date. The extra cosmetics are all currently for sale in the emporium or regular shops...except for the extra 10k in gold...which is like 2 kings skulls now lol.

• So I bought the standard version and then after I realized that the premium had early access I bought it. Will I still get early access because I just want to make sure. The premium edition is not showing up in my library also I just wanted to know if this was normal.

• If you contact Playstation support through their chat, you can have them upgrade your pre-order by charging you the difference.

There was a post on Reddit where a user was successfully able to upgrade that way.

• @cravinho

As mentioned above it is possible.

In addition to what has been said, there are various users of this site who upgraded from the standard to the premium edition after the beta weekend with no issues.

Views
3 out of 7