EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe)

• Hey Guys!

Just for my knowledge and to see, if someone else got the problem. I'm in touch with the SoT Support which hopefully response a bit faster.

Freshly installed Windows 11 (actual version, all updates, everything up to date) installed SoT over Microsoft Store or XBOX App, SoT started ends up in an EAC error:
    Unknown File Version (SoTgame.exe).

At night, changed from Windows 11 to Windows 10, everything up to date, installation over XBOX App installation results in same error.
    Am i the only one with this problem? Maybe someone has a solution for it?

Greetings
    DaRkMaN1984

Views
  • I have the same issue, i dont know what to do about it. The support couldnt help me neither.

• Unfortunately have encountered the same problem with no actual solution yet. Support hasn't given me any answer regarding the problem either.

• Same issue :
    Easy Anti-Cheat
    X Unknown file version (SoTGame.exe)

• Same issue here on windows 10. Can not start the game anymore because error message "Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe)". I reinstalled everything inclusive complete windows 10 reset. Talked to Windows/XBox Support, they could not help because everything should run well. Dont know what to do anymore. Waiting for help...

• I have the same issue. What's happening to the game, it's getting worse

• Thx for the response. Then let wait what Rare will do. I mean, after tryin' to run it under Windows 11 and Windows 10 both freshly installed it should work but it doesn't.

• Having the same problem

• @darkman1984 im having the same problem... i'm waiting for the support team to respond me.

• Same issue here.

Xbox App version. (on Gamepass)
    Windows 10

• Got the same issue here with the unknown file version, didnt even bother to try and fix it lol with the replies on this thread haha

• tried everything i know, nothing worked

• Had the same problem. This thread had the solution for me:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/1bf9lsm/problems_with_easy_anti_cheat/?rdt=51045

Copy the EasyAntiCheat folder, delete it, an paste it back in again. No idea why it worked...

• @komlern Ты имеешь ввиду папку с игрой или ProgramFiels?

• @rukobloods I have tried both and it still gives me the same error.

• @chaskanalgas Я уже весь интернет перерыл и не смог найти решение проблемы,так что я думаю нам придется просто ждать пока разработчики сами решат эту проблему

• @chaskanalgas same with me

• Have they even acknowledged the promblem?????

• @rapidzoe they're probably trying to figure out what the problem is before answering folks. but we all know the problem is epic's trashware.

• @manonico1903 yup lmaoo

• it seems to be happening to players who downloaded the game from xbox app or msstore

• @manonico1903 yh lol, annoying thing is that i bought it on xbox in 2018 hahaha

• same problem

• Same here.

• I have the same problem, I opened a ticket with Rare support and they sent me to a page with some possible solutions for the problem but none of them worked, I sent them the results to let them know but they didn't answer again, I hope they fix this soon.

• any1 know if theres a fix yet?

• @rapidzoe Решения проблемы на данный момент нет

• en installant le jeu sur un ssd autre que celui de Windows j'avais le même problème " version de fichier inconnue (SoTgame.exe)"
    j'ai installé le jeu sur le lecteur C: et le problème s'est résolu.

• you'd think a game so big wld b fixed in hlf a day, but here we are 2 days later lmaoo.

• Two days later, no reply from support team.

I'm wondering if this maybe relates to installation on a secondary slave SSD drive and not the primary C drive.

• i find how to fix i just go to \Sea of Thieves\Content\EasyAntiCheat\Certificates and delete all files from it
    maybe i can be banned but it works
    upd: worked only 1 time then crash with error

• @glinom3s said in EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe):

i find how to fix i just go to \Sea of Thieves\Content\EasyAntiCheat\Certificates and delete all files from it
    maybe i can be banned but it works
    upd: worked only 1 time then crash with error

Tried this. Didn't work.

• @andrewai2022 только что попробовал это,ошибка и правда пропала)) но в игру я так и не зашел

• @rukobloods я зашёл но букывально через пару минут меня выкинуло с ошибкой

• Have the same problem, done 2 fresh installs and still doesnt work

Views
1 out of 197