Remove Or Rework Blunderbuss

• There doesnt need to be a 1 shot weapon in a game like this, remove it or rework it.

Views
  • It technically isn't a One shot weapon, ONLY if you are up close to a target. So if you maintain a distance, you never be one shot. :P

Removing is out of the question as the BB is useful against heavy npc targets. Rework, how would you want it reworked? What can be done so it isn't damaging to players but enough against npc.

• Stop trying to kiss the pirate carrying the Blundie...

• @oda-ashina it's only one shot if all ten pellets hit you which requires you to put right up against the target the blunderbuss is fine it's great for keeping boarders off your ship

• @pithyrumble only if they stop offering me grog first

• @otherfanboy

Not a valid argument. As a game that has 10, 15 and even 20 second re spawn times, where in those seconds your ship can go from dry to sank, is not a weapon you need to have. Especially if you can spawn kill people with it. It as well is the only weapon that doesnt seem to have hitreg.

• @pithyrumble

Hi, Ex NAL and Legacy Brawl Hub player, Quarter Finals and Competitive TDm player here. You know what they all use? Sword and Pistol. Why? because it takes skill. You know what a blunderbuss doesnt require? Skill. As it should be a weapon for Blowback, not one shot kills. I have lost to some of the worst players in SOt, because they all can spam a blunderbuss and get backdrag hits. Its not a skill issue, Its a weapon issue.

• @oda-ashina not sword and pistol, im sorry, Sniper Pistol

• @burnbacon It is a one shot weapon. in a game with 15, 20, or 10 second respwns, spawn killing, and tight corners, it should be a tight choke blowback weapon, not a 1 shot kill

• @oda-ashina said in Remove Or Rework Blunderbuss:

@pithyrumble

Hi, Ex NAL and Legacy Brawl Hub player, Quarter Finals and Competitive TDm player here. You know what they all use? Sword and Pistol. Why? because it takes skill. You know what a blunderbuss doesnt require? Skill. As it should be a weapon for Blowback, not one shot kills. I have lost to some of the worst players in SOt, because they all can spam a blunderbuss and get backdrag hits. Its not a skill issue, Its a weapon issue.

Aaaaaand there it is. Can't stand losing.

• *To a one shot weapon. if I lose to a cannon, blunder bomb, fire, drowning, sniper, pistol, or EVEN A SWORD, its cool. Its a blunderbuss, thats all. sounds like you use one.

• @oda-ashina no it is you don't have to like the weapon and there are ways of defending against it for starters don't get close use blunder bombs to keep BB user away if your getting spawn killed over and over then take lose scuttle the ship and set sail again maybe go find the crew that got you but Removing or Reworking a weapon because you cant think of away to counter isn't helping now if having spawns changed a little so it's far less predictable or you have a VARY brief moment of immortality but can only move or sprint to put distance then we could have a conversation

• @pithyrumble Also, Context clue :). I played in the NAL and LBH. I got steamrolled by players who are simply better. Was I irritated? yeah,. but because I was bad. Not because they were crunching on a 1 shot weapon.

• @otherfanboy If you want to defend the weapon, go for it. But you only prove my point, that you use it. Lets also look at what most PVP is, and its ship combat. Youre being chased most of the time, and in almost all instances you can be one blundered. Blunderbuss requires significantly less skill than a sword. And i was a Main cannon for Pro league ships as a free agent. Wanna know what I lost to? a beautifully shot cannonball to the face, A sniper and pistol. Not a blunder.

Crazy how in every game with a shotgun people get dogged on for using it, but SOt players defend their only way to secure a victory.

• @oda-ashina I don't use a blunderbuss I use a sword(Farrymans Cutless) & eye of reach(LanchCrew) along with blunder bombs to push enemies away makes blunderbuss pretty useless which is why I think the blunderbuss is fine where it's at

• @otherfanboy If youre telling the truth, then you must not frequent PVP as much as I do.

• @oda-ashina no we hunt ships(pvp) often and do events also when fighting other crews we try to keep boarders off our ship and fight with cannons like I said just gotta learn how to deal with the blunderbuss makes them a none problem

• The balancing of damage is pretty ingrained in the system, but a potential shift of one factor might provide a reasonable shift. Different ammunition reserves for each weapon.

The rifle keeps its 5 shots. Control group of sorts.
    The Pistol gets 7, maybe 8. Accounting for relative ease of reloading/smaller shot? least damaging/most versatile tradeoff.
    The Blundy gets 2. Its a 'handful of shrapnel' weapon. You wont be lugging around five fistfuls of metal scraps, so less rounds for the most damaging weapon.

• Every weapon in SOT counters another weapon and its usage. Imo as long as hop bunnies exist the blundy is a necessity!

• @oda-ashina everyone fighting about fighting is so cute.

• Id be okay w Bluderbuss only having 9 pellets.. That bein said..
    Double gunning insta kills are a much larger issue than a single Blunderbuss hit that only insta-kills when ur in ur enemies face.
    Skilled Double gunners can kill someone from a distance in the same amount of time.

• Its a shotgun,it need to 1 shot in close distance. All you need to do is just dont kiss it and you are fine.

• @oda-ashina said in Remove Or Rework Blunderbuss:

@pithyrumble

Being that you're an EX-NAL, Legacy Hub and Comp TDMer, why is the blundy such an issue for you specifically? Given these merits, you are more than capable and experienced to eliminate a foe wielding a blunderbuss with ease. It's really not that complicated. I get the frustration, but Rare has implemented these weapons for a reason since the beginning. It appears the issue would be your own skill.

Views
22 out of 23