After today's update, crashed to desktop 5 times in 90 minutes.

• Ever since DX12, I would crash unless set to DX11. Now after today, I was getting crash to desktop with no errors. 5 times in 90 minutes. I can't believe there is no thread here. I see reports all over Reddit.

Views
  • Have you tried "Fresh installation?" I've heard that seems to work.
    and I dont mean, Uninstall and quickly install again. Clear everything out, reboot and try.

• @burnbacon a dit dans After today's update, crashed to desktop 5 times in 90 minutes. :

Have you tried "Fresh installation?" I've heard that seems to work.
    and I dont mean, Uninstall and quickly install again. Clear everything out, reboot and try.

Personally, I've already tried a full reinstall, an update from Nvidia and a double check of the files, and yet the game still crashes... I've sent in a bug report for the second time in 2 days.

• @burnbacon

Why are you telling everyone to try a fresh install?

Surely if this is the fix they need, and it seems like many are having issues, Rare themselves would have out out a statement telling everyone to perform this.

The update and a fresh install are the same files being uploaded. All your giving them is a longer wait to be yet again bugged into disappointment.

There be performance problems here matey!

• @needsmokes said in After today's update, crashed to desktop 5 times in 90 minutes.:

Surely if this is the fix they need, and it seems like many are having issues, Rare themselves would have out out a statement telling everyone to perform this.

They did though, make this announcement, before the update even, for anyone not on steam. Now if you happen to use steam you didn’t have to do a fresh install but it’s recommended, especially if you’re having issues. You didn’t specify what platform you’re on.

• @needsmokes a dit dans After today's update, crashed to desktop 5 times in 90 minutes. :

@burnbacon

Why are you telling everyone to try a fresh install?

The update and a fresh install are the same files being uploaded. All your giving them is a longer wait to be yet again bugged into disappointment.

There be performance problems here matey!

Regarding the Microsoft Store update, I can confirm that SoT support recommends reinstalling the game. However, nothing changes.
    I was also advised to switch from D12 to D11, and the same thing happened: the game closed after a few minutes.

In other words, the update is just a bug.

I'd like to add that, for my part, the problem isn't mine, given the fairly high performance of my PC, and that before yesterday's update I had no problems of this kind.

EDIT: I have reinstalled the game 3 times and performed 2 file checks, yet the problem persists.

• I am also in the same position as my game now CTD without errors messages.
    I have wiped my entire SOT install and put SOT on a new M2 drive and also undated any drivers but still my game just crashes without errors after a few minutes of playing.
    My windows event log has no reported errors relating to anything SOT only warnings and info not related .
    I run as admin and have all SOT allowed in my Windows security.
    I have sent Dxdiag file off to Rare so hope I get up and running soon but I got a feeling that this version of SOT is just going to kick me in the ____!

• Same issue, CTD multiple times. Nvidia

• Note, crashing on 2 PCs to desktop. One Nvidia, one AMD

• CTD every 30 min or so.. Nvidia 3080ti .. DX12/11 .. Reinstalled .. UpDated GPU, this patch just killed the game for Microsoft players.

• @willy-pordobel I'm reading now that many are associating it with PC/Microsoft Store version. I am just that. Not sure I want to buy through Steam...but if I do and it works, will post here.

• just started playing on the new update at 3PM CDT. I've had 2 crashes in half an hour. My game never crashed like this before. FIX THIS!!

• @x-sambora-x

Lets hope Rare Fix it asap

• @vonchuckster Are you Microsoft Store or Steam?

• FYI, I'm 3.5 hours in with NO crash to desktop after switching to Steam from Microsoft Store.

• @x-sambora-x Over 5 hours with 0 crash to desktop after switching to Steam for SoT. All 3 of my crewmates were MS Store, and all 3 had CTDs tonight. Just reporting in.

• same thing here. CTD at least every hour since i started trying to return to the seas 3 days ago.

restarting/rejoining usually results in a hazelnut-beard one time - rejoining a second time works mostly, but by the time i get back in, ive been sunk.
    3 times in 2 sessions.

Game is unplayable right now.
    Sad :(

• @x-sambora-x
    well, i will not buy the game again on steam, and there is no way to switch from xbox-app to steam without buying it again.

I ve already quit game pass for this (wich made me reinstall the whole xbox app, since it couldn't sign me in anymore after quitting).
    I own SOT on MS store, and i need it to work, its a MS game after all.

its good for steam owners if it works there, but that doesnt help me.

• Tried playing yesterday and a buddy and I both spent the 2 hours we played crashing non-stop. Even streamer BrittyBear made the keyword to her givewaway last night "Crash" because of the issues. But yeah, SoT team not saying a thing about it seems odd.

• @vonchuckster UPDATE: after yesterday's post, and after the 2 noted crashes to desktop (on PC thru MS store), mine stopped crashing. I played another hour or so with no trouble, and after having made no changes. Haven't played since, but may play later. We'll see...

• Just an update. I'm on about 10 hours in 2 nights of 0 crash to desktop after moving to Steam. My shipmate who crashed 4 times last night, and once early tonight has had 0 crash to destkop after moving to Steam after about 4 hours. Caution, I would choose to "reset" your MS Store version, then unistall (both live and Insider) before moving to Steam, though.

• So 3 long sessions (5+ hours each) with ZERO crash to desktop after moving to Steam. My guildmate crashed to desktop 10 minutes into a Session on Saturday, and loaded the Steam version. He went 2 long sessions with me with ZERO crash to desktop.

**Note: Crash to desktop completely takes you out of the game to your desktop with no errors. *beard errors are different, as are the DirectX 12 errors with AMD.

• @x-sambora-x did you have to pay for the steam version?

i tried a single hourglass today, and dropped during battle for a loss. game is a buggy unplayable mess. 0% chance of playing without a crash, and its up to RNG whether or not the crash screws you over or not.

• did another fresh install and the game crashed before I could even make it to my sloop...

• @sejm-flop Yes, I did pay the $20 for the Steam version. When going into it the first time, it pops up to link to your existing MS account, and you retain everything as it was. I realize many won’t do this on principle. This is the only game I’m playing or want to play, so it was a price I paid to enjoy it over the weekend. Maybe I can get some ancient coin for my $20 to repay me. LOL. And yes, game reinstalls aren’t a fix. Just a waste of time.

• Me and my 3 pirates friends crew having this issue lately a lot as well. Still an issue as of yesterday on MS Store or Xbox Apps on PC (whatever it's called).
    I re-purchased the game on steam and I got no more crash. (Only UI not appearing bug lol). But my friend are not keen to do the same and I understand that very well. I'm too much of fan of this game lol.
    So yeah very frustrating situation as of trying different solution proposed and nothing to fix the issue. I hope dev and QA are seeing this and are welling to open the discussion about this particular problem.

• @dread-toasts i'm not paying for the game twice. if they can't get it running for me I'm going to reverse my in game purchases through my card company and quit SoT. I earned my bones already, but it would be a bitter goodbye.

• @sejm-flop try to disable xmp in bios. I had a crash/pc restart problem for years and recently disabled xmp and 0 crashes

• @sejm-flop No need to be harsh. As for the problem, it's seem to be way more stable on both platform. Me and my friend had a good 4 hours sessions and nobody crashed ! The only thing that change is the Microsoft store got updated since my recent post. Idk if it's better for anyone else here, but it's looking good. I know as well that on sea of thieve support twitter, the team were aware of that issue and was investigating it.

• @dread-toasts wasn't trying to be harsh, i'm not sure what to do as I still cannot play. support has gone silent, although they were never really any help at all. hopefully something changes soon, but i think im just SOL

• @waves12 thank you for such a good suggestion, as I am not able to find any help so far. I had to check on xmp and found out mine is already disabled in the bios. thank you for the recommendation, though

Views
1 out of 31