Cross Progression for Xbox to ps5 and vise Vera

• I have been playing sea of thieves on Xbox for a little while now and had a couple questions about it coming to ps5. I also own a ps5 and was thinking about preordering the game, but will I be able to sign into my main account that I use on my Xbox and still progress on both consoles, also will I still get the ps5 exclusives on my main account if I preorder for ps5??

Views
    questiongeneralfeedback
  • Doubt.
    You have the same mc account but different system to play on.

With your last question. That seems to be only reason people want to. For the pre orders that ps5 are getting and add them to Xbox. Sigh

• The way I understood it was if you pre-order it on any platform you get the pre-order stuff.

If you want the beta sails and title, you have to play in the beta.

If it is like any other game that has crossplay, you will need to make a microsoft account. Since you already have that, I think you are good to go.

Hopefully someone from staff can clarify this as there will be xbox / PC players who want to get in on the pre-orders but how to do it correctly (if at all) to make sure it all works out.

• I raised a request with them about this and they said

While we are all excited for this launch, unfortunately we are unable to comment further at this time. So please make sure to subscribe to our social media channels to keep up to date with all upcoming news and information with regards to this release.

• I have over a thousand hours into SoT on XBOX and wondering if I keep that progress on Playstation or do I start over? Have the devs/marketing team commented on this?

• @sneeches cross progression :)

It’s not been officially announced but some of the devs have confirmed it on social media.

• i honestly hope that those are differents accounts and that nobody could merge or fuse the profile:

ps player NEEDS to be with Ps Players, and of course for the goods of the game, they should not find some 100+ Hours in HG, with all the curses unlocked that open their ship like an Easter egg, the idea of someone that goes in PS for a cosmetics that probably you'll never use, or the fact that a skilled player goes there is horrendous! they need a SBMM (a sort of)

• @fedted998 said in Cross Progression for Xbox to ps5 and vise Vera:

i honestly hope that those are differents accounts and that nobody could merge or fuse the profile:

ps player NEEDS to be with Ps Players, and of course for the goods of the game, they should not find some 100+ Hours in HG, with all the curses unlocked that open their ship like an Easter egg, the idea of someone that goes in PS for a cosmetics that probably you'll never use, or the fact that a skilled player goes there is horrendous! they need a SBMM (a sort of)

No PS players need to be with everyone else. With the influx of new players the servers should be fairly diluted and a more balanced experience.

Buying the PS copy for cosmetics is no different than logging onto MS version for a gamepass perk.

And an SBMM for the open world would be next to pointless. There would be so many ways to bypass it or just have it cause problems.

• You'll probably log in or link an XBox account with your Playstation, so any progress you make is all on one account.

• @tesiccl so when I launch on PS5 I'll be max lvl with all factions and a ton of trohpies will seemingly unlock?

• @sneeches whatever your progress is, it will carry over. Regarding achievements, not sure what will happen there (I assume they’ll pop when you login).

• @tesiccl Thank you, guess we'll wait and see :)

• @sneeches The game currently is already on two separate platforms: Steam and Windows/Xbox. When you open the steam version for the first time, it requires you to log into a Microsoft Account, and yes your progress is saved to the account, so it is completely system agnostic.

The game, regardless of platform, is built into the Xbox Ecosystem, so all progress is tracked through those accounts. For them to be able to even make Guilds work with separate accounts they would either need to incorporate PSN and Steam into everything, or do the Red Dead Online route and have them be separate servers depending on what platform you are playing on.

• @reverend-toast yah I've been playing all weekend on PS5 and it brought all my xbox progress, cosmetics and currency.

Views
questiongeneralfeedback
1 out of 14