Give us pc/xbox players a way to obtain the ruby viper set

• @captain-coel

I feel like it should just give us a code that we apply directly to our SOT account. That way we can purchase whatever version is needed, but play on whatever console/pc we have. I don't think console exclusive items should exist.

And if you're having issues with gamepass not giving you items on steam you should contact support as that is likely not intended. Usually they apply gamepass rewards to your xbox live account which applys it to your SOT pirate.

• @multikl said in Give us pc/xbox players a way to obtain the ruby viper set:

@captain-coel

I feel like it should just give us a code that we apply directly to our SOT account. That way we can purchase whatever version is needed, but play on whatever console/pc we have. I don't think console exclusive items should exist.

And if you're having issues with gamepass not giving you items on steam you should contact support as that is likely not intended. Usually they apply gamepass rewards to your xbox live account which applys it to your SOT pirate.

Its intended. you have to launcht he version of the game in which the items are applied through. just watch for all the people that have used MS/steam giftcards to buy ancient coins and dont realize they have to launch that version to get them.

• @multikl I'd rather have stuff I like. good luck with your future investment.

• @qu1etone

Don't get me wrong I love it, the fact that it'll be rare in the future is just a bonus.

• @cageycan nobody HAS to buy a PS5. Rare are not making anybody do anything.
    Most people will know somebody that has a PS5 and if anybody spends 3-400£ for some cosmetics on a game, then I'm sorry but that person is just nuts and that is a really bad choice to make. The game is having a beta on ps5 and has been ported over, so it's kind of a new release to new players and bot aimed at the existing player base.
    I'm sure in 6onths there will be a new cosmetic set that ppl will be chasing and these maybe forgotten.
    I've got 7 ppl from my guild that I will help with these cosmetics, im sure that others can do the same if they ask around.
    40£ for these cosmetics is not so bad when you look at emporium prices.
    Exclusive Full weapon set, pet and the sails is not so bad when they are really nice cosmetics.

• Does anyone have any information as to whether these items will even be useable on other platforms?
    I've heard rumors that the Ruby Viper set will only be useable on the PS5 console. Meaning that if you use the same account on PC/ Xbox as you do on PS5, you won't have access to the cosmetics on the other platforms.

Rare doesn't explicitly say this on their website or the PS Store, but I've heard it mentioned in Youtube videos and Reddit threads. I personally would find this incredibly disappointing. Console exclusively obtained items are one thing, but console-locked usability is just absurd.

Views
40 out of 41