Weird Pop-Up | Pirate Text Box - Gaming UI | PC

• Anyone seen this when trying to use Pirate Text, I don't know why it started popping up and I've reset most of my game settings and updated Xbox Game Bar and Windows Apps.
    Screen shot of Sea of Thieves using Pirate text and having an additional window pop up to input text.

Views
    questionfeedbackscreenshot
  • @captainlogun Ahoy matey!

Is that happening since the update to GDK?

• @musicmee Not that I'm aware of, just started last night.

• this happened to me right after the GDK update i have stopped using chat now as it takes way to long to type anything now lol

• This happened to me immediately following the huge ~100 gb update. I put in a support ticket but they closed it immediately saying they didnt have a solution. I guess it's up to us to find a fix and I am out of ideas.

• Can say that I downloaded the Steam version and this is not an issue, just the Windows PC client version.

• It took me awhile to notice... but the xbox logo briefly shows up in the box before it switches to the text input box. Is this a helpful clue? I looked around in the xbox game bar settings... but didnt see anything I thought was useful....

• @tommybermuda It's definitely tied to either the Xbox App or Game Bar but I have no clue if it's a setting or not.

• Has anyone found the fix for this?

• I've looked through every menu option in the game bar and nothing appears to be applicable.

• Also have this issue but only on my alt account, my main is unaffected. - Windows user

• @stefmeistro

I can confirm... my main account is impacted using the windows store version.
    When I play on the same account with steam, this does not happen.

Views
questionfeedbackscreenshot
1 out of 12