i Receive No Gold No rewards

• Hi,

I've got a big problem...
    I've been playing the game again for a week and I'm not receiving any gold from treasure sales or from any items I pick up or any rewards from the pass.
    Have you ever had the same problem?

Thank you for your response.

Views
  • I've been playing the game again for a week

So for a full week…you havnt earned a single thing? Only now are you making a thread (you really should submit a ticket report)

• I have already created a ticket and the support service told me they couldn't do anything for me... that's why I'm asking if others have had the same experience as me.

• @erarock same problem here.. Submitted the ticket and received no fix at all, only same answer that's given to everyone, "wait 72 hrs". It's been over a week now. I only get the reputation and progress, nothing else.

Don't know if it has something to do with that I made my character when the game was released, then didn't play for years and now jumped back. I deleted the old one when I didn't get anything and started with new character, but it didn't fix anything.

Kind of frustrating when support doesn't do anything about this when this obviously is a bigger problem than just one player.

• I also created my character when the game came out and I hadn't played since.

I also got the 72 hour email and then a new one to explain that they couldn't do anything and that I should check my internet settings...

• I just replied to @Steel679 thread about this same issue. If I understand correctly they made their account at first and then didn’t play a long time as well.

I suggest creating a new support ticketand linking them this thread stating multiple people who created accounts when the game released but then didn’t play for a long time are having the same issue. Make sure you select bug report from the drop down and not issues with rewards. This is definitely a bug and not a rewards delay issue, since it is impacting multiple people who seem to have something specific in common.

• @abjectarity Thanks for the tag I was starting to think I was the only one as google search of my problem leads to the delay problem not what I am going through.

• @erarock I agree with @abjectarity as the more of us having this issue that report it the more likely something can be done.

• please up tick this post so the devs can see this is a diffrent issue then the delay rewards.

• I have the exact same problem, and my account was created in the realease and i didnt played again until now. The response from support team was:

• Wait 72 hours

and yesterday:

• "Ahoy there,

I will forward your ticket for further assistance. This investigation may take some time, so please be patient and a response will be with you when the team knows more about your case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
    Sea of Thieves - Player Support"

Now I'm waiting for further information.

• I raised a ticket with the support service with this post.

• @erarock Good luck.

• I found a new issue as I logged in for the day. I reset my character yesterday thinking that be the issue its not. I completed the gold hoarders tutorial twice yesterday and it still says to unlock the other voyages I need to complete the tutorial in. I did it once by my self after the reset and again with a friend.

• So we all have same thing in common here. We made our characters when game was released and then didn't play for years and just came back to the game. It should be obvious now what devs should look for, let's hope they do it soon.

• @steel679 I was able to unlock gold hoarders and order of souls, but in merchants alliance, I'm also stuck in tutorial voyage

• @tunezki Ya thankfully I woke up to this message so heres hoping something happens.

Ahoy there,

I will forward your ticket for further assistance. This investigation may take some time, so please be patient and a response will be with you when the team knows more about your case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
    Sea of Thieves - Player Support

• I wonder if any of the other people with this problem also own the game through steam or if that has nothing to do with it.

• i have the same problem, made my character when the game was released. I also opened a ticket..

• This is the new response from the development team.

"We just wanted to assure you that our test team are continuing to look into your report. In the event we are able to diagnose the circumstances and uncover a problem we will look to address this in a future update.

As you can appreciate, the time taken for these investigations can vary considerably. As such, we are unable to go into more depth at this time. For this reason, we will be marking this support ticket as solved but please rest assured that we take all reports from our players very seriously and this report remains active in our internal systems.

Thank you for your on-going support for Sea of Thieves and taking the time for providing feedback to us!

We may reach out to you again if we require any further information on this ticket"

So, there is no hope for me anytime soon.

• @mueslysnipes194 While at least this means there is hope for us.

• I have found a way to bypass the issue. If you create a new microsoft account and take the gamepass trial everything gets fixed. Also, you don't have to buy the game again because it links automatically to your new account. Then you cancel the subscription and you're done, if you do it on the same day you can even ask for a refund.

• @mueslysnipes194 Thanks I will unlink my steam account from this one and make a new one.

• They are finally looking in to the issue!

Ahoy there Steel679,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your request.

We are aware that some players are not gaining any gold, when performing tasks that would enable them to do so.

We are currently investigating the cause, and we appreciate your continued patience while we do so. We're sorry for any frustration this has caused!

Should you face any further issues, please let us know.

In the meantime, take care and see you on the seas! 🏴‍☠️
    Best regards,

Sea of Thieves - Player Support

• @Daedress here is more information for this bug. They are looking into it, but no fix yet.

• @mueslysnipes194 said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

I have found a way to bypass the issue. If you create a new microsoft account and take the gamepass trial everything gets fixed. Also, you don't have to buy the game again because it links automatically to your new account. Then you cancel the subscription and you're done, if you do it on the same day you can even ask for a refund.

• @pithyrumble said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

@mueslysnipes194 said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

I have found a way to bypass the issue. If you create a new microsoft account and take the gamepass trial everything gets fixed. Also, you don't have to buy the game again because it links automatically to your new account. Then you cancel the subscription and you're done, if you do it on the same day you can even ask for a refund.

Yeah, this didn't work for me either. I do get the gold and all on the new Xbox account but still not on my original account and I want to play with my old account, not with some new temporary account...

• @tunezki said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

@pithyrumble said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

@mueslysnipes194 said in i Receive No Gold No rewards:

Yeah, this didn't work for me either. I do get the gold and all on the new Xbox account but still not on my original account and I want to play with my old account, not with some new temporary account...

Yea it will only work with the new account progressing, so you’re starting over. It’s definitely a bug attached to the accounts themselves and not the machine or purchase. So if you’re ok with a new account, new name, new character then it’s an easy fix. If you have progression you wanted to hold onto then will just have to wait for them to fix the issue. At least now they are aware of it.

• @steel679 Hi, I am having the exact same issue, plus it won't recognize that I have finished tutorials, so it doesn't unlock the other voyages.
    I'm playing with game pass.

• @brack100 after completing tutorial voyage, did you claim the promotion from the faction? I realized that on merchants alliance I forgot to do it and thought it bugged. So when you complete, let's say gold hoarders tutorial voyage, go to the gold hoarders tent and select promotion, then claim it and the next voyages should open when you get to the level 5.

• Anyone have any updates on this? My account is a brand new account to Sea of Thieves and I created the account just 2 days ago. I am using the game pass version through the PC, I earn reward items (physical items), achievements and voyage progress but no currency of any kind at all.

• @tunezki
    Hmm, so, I finish the tutorial, I don't get money, there is no option for a promotion until level 5. But the first real voyage's only prerequisite is that you complete the tutorial.
    When I look at the game page on Xbox, it shows me money I collected, but in-game there is no money. The top right of my screen never changes.

• @daedress No update yet. I am straight up about to delete it, never to return. If at the beginning of the game, I have to do the tutorial over and over with no progress, I can imagine the rest of the game is a huge time-sink as well. No pun intended lol

• @brack100 : I even purchased the game, launched it through Steam instead and deleted my pirate and no success. I can complete the tutorial and I earn voyage renown but no currency of any kind! The currency bar never even pops up on the screen when I should be earning some. I have also looked into the season pathway and can see where I should of earned gold, doubloons and ancient coins but I have none, I am sitting at 0, 5, 0. I also tried to create another login with one of my other (not used) Microsoft accounts and same issue. And this is my first time playing this game! The husband just wanted a crew mate. He will earn currency every time we turn something in. I have tried joining his world, him joining my world and playing solo and no changes. I really hope when it is fixed, that I am rewarded everything we have turned in. We turned in 7 king chests last night and almost earned 80K. Well, my husband earned the 80K while I'm sitting at nothing still. I have also tried to test it and purchased some ancient coins for the emporium. That worked! but not when I'm earning anything in game. This is really frustrating and I keep updating my ticket with them with different things i have tried. My husband has been bugging me for years to get this game to play with him and when I finally do, I can't even play up to the hype he was giving it.

• @daedress Well just so you know, you are not alone. I am also sitting at 0-5-0.

• @mueslysnipes194 I am in the same exact boat right now.

Views
1 out of 56