How A Spectacular Reaper Fail Handed Us 400K Gold

• My crewmate Nova and I were vibing at the weekend and decided to do a few dives for Ashen Winds to start off our "chilled" morning on Sunday.

We emerged at Devil's Ridge and slayed Red Ruth. We dispatched her rather rapidly from the bay, I with a sword and Nova with a cannon.

Just before finishing up and sailing away, Nova decided to do a sweep of the island for messages in bottles and other random stuff, whilst I got us underway.

As I board our sloop and prepare to turn, I see a Reaper sloop speeding towards us for a ram from the aft. I spot the gunpowder in the crow's nest, but sadly failed my snipe. However, I knew what was coming our way.

One jumped off their bow onto our ship and ran below our deck with a lit keg. Maybe he anticipated I would follow, but this wasn't my first rodeo. I let him do his thing and die to the explosion himself.

There was a lot of damage between the ram and the keg, so I call for Nova to return to help us get repaired and underway.

Luckily, the pyromaniac's crewmate wasn't the most competent helmsman and managed to wedge their ship on the beach up against the cliff. They still had angle for cannon shots but were not mobile. Still, we had a lot of repairs and bailing to do. It was tense. A better PvP crew would have tried to board us again here, but not these two.

We managed to get our sloop sea-worthy again and we sailed out of the bay and looped to fire on their beached vessel. They were so far wedged into the cliff we couldn't shoot the gunpowder still in their crow's nest. Still, Nova dispatched one of them on their deck with a cannonball, and I then decided to board them.

I climb their ladder to the sounds of hammering and, as I lower their anchor, I hear the cries of "We aren't even taking on water, you idiot!" (sic).

As I dispatch the now-lone scoundrel and his soul ascends, I reply "Oh, I know... but I'm kind of hoping your ship despawns...."

<POP<

".... just like that!" (the timing could not have been more perfect).

His crewmate returns from the Ferry but the kegs from the crow's nest, which were now on the ground, explode and kill us both.

But now only one of us had a ship nearby to respawn on.

I return to find Nova gathering all their loot.... so much loot... and supplies to match. We harpooned it and headed for Ancient Spire to sell.

Which we did, just as they returned to see us lower our Grade 5 Guild Flag. They begin firing at us, and seemed rather salty about giving us about 400K worth of loot.

Normally, we would turn to fight these kind of players but (1) they had nothing to offer us anymore and (2) we thought it would be hilarious to just try and get distance to dive.

Which, after some tactical sailing, we did. And, yes, it was extremely hilarious. We both laughed so much as our sloop went beneath the waves.

alt text

Views
  • Oh man that was so toxic of you 😂

(That was a joke everyone!)

• @pithyrumble

😂

Don't worry, we made up for it by being nice to some swabbies over the weekend as well.

• Brother man you have some great story telling abilities. I was so immersed I thought this was a book. GG's on the amazing steal haha!

Views
1 out of 4