Problem using mouse XBOX

• I apologize for any mistakes, I am writing this using a translator. After a long time, I decided to return to the game. I play on xbox series S using mouse and keyboard. The problem is that when turning the mouse it is not possible to turn 360 degrees; about halfway through the turn the mouse hits an invisible barrier. The same problem occurs when lifting and releasing the camera. In this case, every movement of the mouse is accompanied by shaking of the camera. Maybe someone has also encountered this problem and knows the solution?

Views
  • Mouse - bloody w60 max

• It's a known issue with the recent update from a couple of days ago - I assume they're working on a fix.

• I posted this on another older thread, but figured to put this on this one as well.

The problem they are currently having with Xbox keyboard and mouse is more of a mouse centering problem. You can only turn 180° until you hit a wall where you can’t turn anymore. However if you open up a menu you can see your mouse cursor on the side of the screen and you can move it normally. If you happen to move the cursor back to the center of the screen you can once again move 180° but the center point will be the direction where you were facing when you exited the menu. So technically you can turn to the right, open the quest radial to bring your cursor to the center of the screen, close it, and continue turning again until you hit the 180° wall where you would repeat the radial and centering again. It’s an extremely annoying and unfortunate glitch they introduced but I’m hoping for a simple fix and that they are able to repair it before community day. I’ve run through the settings menu as well trying to find a remedy; to no avail. I tend to play keyboard and mouse only on Xbox along with most of my friends and crew mates, so this has been an upsetting halt to one of my favorite games to play, and now also run the possibility of missing a community because of it. Hopes and prayers it can be resolved soon.

• Same thing is happening to me kinfolk... this is my everyday game and it's making me kinda irate.

• Same here. My issue is a limited 45° turn. So.e cases I can turn in a 360° radius, but it will be insanely stuttered movement and takes forever to turn. Sea of Thieves and Halo is all I'm playing right now. It sucks man; to find out about the new buffs to Athena voyages, but I can't play. I mean I can if I used a controller, but that's no fun.

• @knurd9369 They are taking their sweet time doing it. I thought it was gonna be fixed in the server down time last night. This fix should be a priority, but it's not.

• Hopefully it is fixed in the morning. Can’t use my mouse or keyboard while playing SoT on my series X.

• absolutely ridiculous. another update last night and still no hot fix. this is unreal.

• @lucid-visi0nary

Kinda strange that a game breaking bug for some is not a priority

• @oldreclaimer no community weekend for me cause of it, I'm missing out on it cause of hand pain issues while playing controller

• so annoying, wrote a ticket, for this as im sure many people did.

• Same it’s highly irritating.

• Same issue. Heavily disappointed, as the Microsoft store won't let me update or launch Sea of Thieves. I had to resort to using my Xbox, and to my dismay not able to use my keyboard or mouse. Common Rare L.

• @oldreclaimer My worst fear right now is that the dev team is going to prioritize the upcoming PS5 port and not fix this glitch. So we could end up with this being a problem for the next 2 months or more.

• I am just hoping they do take the opportunity to crack down on the glitches and performance of the game... this would not be a great first time experience for PlayStation players

• Has anyone found a fix to the mouse bug yet, and does anyone know when the next update might come through to fix this?

• @chiga35 succede a tutti gli utenti che usano mouse e tastiera da xbox ... Dovuto sicuro all aggiornamento fatto.

• @mynamestats don't you put that evil on me Ricky bobby!

• It’s caused by the cursor moving in the background when you are playing, and when it reaches the edge of the screen that’s the invisible barrier.

Unless someone knows how to lock the cursor in the background, I’m just turning down cursor sensitivity in Xbox “devices & connections” setting, then turning up mouse sensitivity to the max in game, it gives you about 2.5 full rotations before it locks, then just put the cursor back in the middle on the options menu if it starts getting weird.

The high camera sensitivity also gets dampened by the cursor sensitivity, so it’s sorta playable until they fix it, at least for me.

• Should also mention you can realign the cursor to the centre in the tool and quick chat menus, so it’s not quite as tedious.

• Same problem here. Game breaking so cannot play... I hope they will fix it very soon because i bought the season pass... Kind of an annoying situation...

• Still doesn't work I can turn around with my mouse can only turn like 45° fix soon please

• There is going to be an even bigger wait for patches once PS5 lands.
    As they usually have to run them by Sony as well

• I still cant do 360 to man i miss community days because of this man i was gonna grind on hg please fix this it been like 10 days i haven't play sea of thieves Because of this bugged

• @fakefranco144 same here, I want to play but I don't think rare even cares rn about this bug

• Having that issue too. Hope they fix it asap

• I have the same problem where I can only turn about 180° I play on 120hz on my Xbox sereis x. The mouse I use is the Logitech G305 wireless gaming mouse it works perfectly on all games with mnk support only other game that does this is overwatch 2 all other games work. Deep rock galactic works perfectly as well as roblox and more I hope they fix this soon was planning to play an all nighter with me and my other 3 friends but don't know if that will happen anymore l [pls fix this rare]

• On community weekend i logged in and I couldn't play. Many days after and this problem still not resolved ...
    I wanted to play it again this weekend, but it's sad to come here and realize how neglected this game is

• The very sad thing is that nobody from Rare will just tell us it will, or will not be fixed before season 11 ends. I too bought the plunder pass and would like to recover my ancient coins.

• @pappacornstar you deserve the refund.

We deserve the answers/acknowledgement

• The issue is still happening it’s so annoying need a quick fix now Rare

• some times the mouse works for me an but majority of the time it doesn’t but 100% of the time of this season 11 update the keyboard doesn’t work at all.

along with this and many other on going problems i have to ask do they tests there patches?

• @oldreclaimer said in Problem using mouse XBOX:

@lucid-visi0nary

Kinda strange that a game breaking bug for some is not a priority
    i have an feeling there putting most of there work into the PS ver.

• @kfenvy only way i can get my keyboard to work is if i open another app that uses the keyboard before, like the internet browser, and then launch SoT. But the mouse is still bugged and i can't turn more than 180 degrees.

Views
1 out of 62