Can't load guild or captained ships on Xbox

• It just loads forever.... Anyone having this issue?

Views
  • @tedakin It seems to be a temporary bug. Just close and start the game again when that happens.

• @tedakin

Hard reset your console. (Hold the power button down until it stops blinking)

PC... um shotgun?

• @tedakin

I'm still having this issue. Hard resetting doesn't work. Reset my Xbox, internet, even reinstalled the bloody game. The guild icon just spins forever. Real shame considering I am unable to use any captained ships since I pledged all of them to my guild. Can't use sovereign sell. Please help Rare.

• Same problem since last two patches. I can play on a captained ship / guild only if I get invited by a friend on my guild. Shame it wasn't fixed despite they knew of the existence of this bug.

• I seem to have found a workaround for this problem, a partial solution until it is fixed: charter a boat, high seas, closed crew—load into the game. Once in game, leave the game using the in-game menus taking you back to the main menu of the game. Now your guilds and captained ship should load instead of giving you the endless wheel. Hope this helps.

• @blazebeard2313 there was a workaround from sot support for what may be your issue where if you accept an invite to a session then turn off guild invites in menu once in it should fix.

Guilds struggle to load from time to time for me but nothing to the extend op is having. I just force close game or wait and usually fine

• @backseatbandito

Confirm this is still happening as of today 🙄

• It is happening to me right now, impossible to launch anything else than a generic boat… even after quit to menu, relaunch, clear cache… I can’t use any of my ships…

• Yea let's open up our barely working servers to ps5 so they can't play either. I cannot get guilds to load and I'm crashing every time I set sail on a generic boat. I suddenly realized why I stopped playing this game.

• @peezy2112km it’s a known issue and they’ll resolve it soon.

• @tedakin its possible (some of the time) to get your owned and guild ships to appear by chartering a normal ship and entering the game that way. when in quit back to the games main menu and your ships may appear. i mainly have this problem on xbox. pc is normally fine for me.

• @qu1etone said in Can't load guild or captained ships on Xbox:

@tedakin its possible (some of the time) to get your owned and guild ships to appear by chartering a normal ship and entering the game that way. when in quit back to the games main menu and your ships may appear. i mainly have this problem on xbox. pc is normally fine for me.

I don't think any workarounds work for the new update bug

Hopefully it gets fixed soon but loading bugs in general are months old so who knows.

• I have been reporting problems with captaincy and Guilds since the 18th February. How can it still be this broken. Please fix this. I love the game and but I'm starting to lose faith.

• @wolfmanbush I used this technique yesterday on xbox. But today is a different day

• Can cofirm I'm having the same issue more often than not where the Guilds page is just endlessly loading.

The workaround of loading into High Seas on a closed-crew, generic boat and then exiting back out onto the title screen DOES work for me, as well.

Quite annoying, but not game-breakingly so. Hopefully a fix is imminent.

• From j0toro, this post was updated a little bit ago:

To mitigate the issue with inaccessible Guild ships, the number of ships visible in the Guilds menu will be temporarily limited to three. These will be the three ships most recently used by a Guild member, ensuring that players can still set sail and earn Guild rewards.

Please be assured that all ships pledged to Guilds are safe and we will restore access to them once we have a full fix in place. Thank you for your understanding.

Not great if your ship isn't amongst the three most recently used in the Guild. And another reason why you shouldn't pledge all your ships.

• @realstyli said in Can't load guild or captained ships on Xbox:

From j0toro, this post was updated a little bit ago:

To mitigate the issue with inaccessible Guild ships, the number of ships visible in the Guilds menu will be temporarily limited to three. These will be the three ships most recently used by a Guild member, ensuring that players can still set sail and earn Guild rewards.

Please be assured that all ships pledged to Guilds are safe and we will restore access to them once we have a full fix in place. Thank you for your understanding.

Not great if your ship isn't amongst the three most recently used in the Guild. And another reason why you shouldn't pledge all your ships.

Definitely appreciate the effort to get it fixed.

I won't even play unless it's on my ship, it's become such a part of the experience and immersion for many, so I hope everyone gets back to their ship/guild as soon as possible.

• First KB+M broken on Xbox for 2 months and now I get indefinitely stuck on loading my guilds, making it so I can't sail for them? Let's all give Rare devs a round of applause for making such a working game! Good luck to PS5 players, I wonder what game breaking bugs and glitches await them...

• As this thread was over a month old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 20