Sea of thieves doesnt work with shared gamepass

• Hello, my brother has gamepass on xbox one and i want to play sot from shared gamepass. When i try to start sot from my account, it says: The sea of thieves services are temporarily unavailable. please try again. (lavenderbeard xbox). But when i logged out of my main account and try to play sot from my brother account it works. Does someone know the solution? I tried logging out from all accounts, hard reset, setting both accounts as home xbox. Thanks for help guys.

Views
  • @onddyy

If you sign into his account and yours at the same time to play it will give you lavender beard.
    Have him set the Xbox you're playing on as his home Xbox. Then you should be able to play without signing both of you in.

• @pithyrumble

This still an issue. It worked fine till season 11 update.
    Sea of theives needs to renew / update how shared xbox subscriptions work. Something is blocking it from working as before.

• @extremekaat

Yep. Had a similar issue on Borderlands lol. I know it's still an issue on SoT. It's probably got a faq if anyone ever checks support....

• Go onto whatever account has gamepass, set the xbox you wish to play on as the home xbox of that account. Log into your main account and then log out of the account with gamepass. Works for me

• @illlililli8984 said in Sea of thieves doesnt work with shared gamepass:

Go onto whatever account has gamepass, set the xbox you wish to play on as the home xbox of that account. Log into your main account and then log out of the account with gamepass. Works for me

If they're playing on the GP accounts' home xbox they don't have to sign into the GP account at all.

• @onddyy I am also having the same problem. Parents sponsor gamepass on their account but when I go to gameshare gamepass it says the lavender issue. Onddyy if it worked for you pls share.

• @thorsstone4167

what I said earlier. Your parents need to set the xbox you want to play SoT on as their home xbox.

• @thorsstone4167 Welcome to the forums (i see this is your first post). I think you should give PithyRumble's advise a try.
    But keep in mind that it's not allowed to 'revive' old topics, where the last post was a month ago or even longer. It's against the forum rules, so a moderator will probably shortly after this put the anchor on this topic.
    Even if you have the same problem/question, you will have to start a new topic for it. Since you're new you probably didn't realise this, but keep it in mind ;-)

Views
1 out of 9