Long loading time

• Hi there,

The game takes quite a long time to load on my computer. After some research, I think it might be due to the games' files being installed on the D hard drive which is not SSD. The thing is, my C hard drive is SDD, but the drive's too small to have the sea of thieves files in it.
    Any tricks so I could harness the loading time power of the SDD hard drive without having to move all the games' files from the D hard drive?

Thanks!

Views
  • @ballonfosse4276 said in Long loading time:

Hi there,

The game takes quite a long time to load on my computer. After some research, I think it might be due to the games' files being installed on the D hard drive which is not SSD. The thing is, my C hard drive is SDD, but the drive's too small to have the sea of thieves files in it.
    Any tricks so I could harness the loading time power of the SDD hard drive without having to move all the games' files from the D hard drive?

Thanks!

I don't think there is much that can be done. I've heard of people with limited SSD just migrate the game to SSD (steam), then when done move it back to HDD. But if you don't have space that's not even an option.

• @ballonfosse4276 two things that can help loading times:

If the game is installed is installed on an ssd it doesnt matter if its the c drive or not, however two things can still impact loading times at this point:

What kind of ssd is it installed on, is it a sata ssd 1/2/3 , a m.2 ssd or a m.2 nvme ssd?

Sata 1 drives are slow comparatively, the fastest you can have is NVME, which is basically a direct pci express connection.

The other thing that impacts loading times is the speed of your RAM, what kond of Ram do you have ? ddr 2, ddr 3, ddr 4 ? Etc etc.

Again it doesnt matter if it is installed on the same partition/drive windows is installed on (c:)

• Prior to the latest update, the game would take several minutes to start up. Similarly I don't have enough free space on my SSD for a 100GB+ behemoth. :) After selecting the crew and setting off it cycles through 3 screens for the emporium etc, and that would loop 3-4 times before spawning in. After the update it would wait several minutes before bringing up the initial splash screens when launching the game, but then eventually come up and for the emporium screens, would just show 2 or 3 screens (not loops) before starting. The fix for that initial wait before the game even starts was to add -dx11 to the launch arguments in Steam. Now it starts up immediately and still only waits for the 2-3 screens on startup, much faster than before the last patch.

• @spynical9530 dijo en Long loading time:

Prior to the latest update, the game would take several minutes to start up. Similarly I don't have enough free space on my SSD for a 100GB+ behemoth. :) After selecting the crew and setting off it cycles through 3 screens for the emporium etc, and that would loop 3-4 times before spawning in. After the update it would wait several minutes before bringing up the initial splash screens when launching the game, but then eventually come up and for the emporium screens, would just show 2 or 3 screens (not loops) before starting. The fix for that initial wait before the game even starts was to add -dx11 to the launch arguments in Steam. Now it starts up immediately and still only waits for the 2-3 screens on startup, much faster than before the last patch.

I had this problem after the last patch, my game is installed in an SSD drive. This was the fix for me. Thank you.

Views
1 out of 5