Are cheaters really THAT common?

• I see so many posts of people encountering people yet I've never encountered one once in my 700 hours of playing. so I gotta ask, are cheaters common and im just not seeing them or are people overreacting?

Views
    question
  • Entirely depends on how someone plays, their "stamps", what time they play, etc etc

For me? not common

for many? not common

for some people in some areas doing something like hg? common but a lot of that is repeat encounters, same cheaters but just feels like a lot because when 2 of 5 crews or 3 of 10 crews or 5 of 20 crews are cheaters on stamps that understandably feels like a lot of cheating. Same goes for adventure in the low SoT population areas. Even just 1 cheater in a stamp can cause a lot of frustration.

Most players of this game are going to have low obvious cheating encounters.

How many are cheating on mains and haven't been caught? who knows, we sure don't.
    Some crews/players have improved so much as legit players because of HG that it makes it really tough to tell.

The frustration about cheating has more of a community effect than the cheating does in SoT.
    Frustrations, "sus" accusations, draining negativity, cynicism etc reach a lot more people than the cheating does

• yet I've never encountered one once in my 700 hours

Same boat. I think it depends on a lot of factors. Time, region, console/pc etc

I wish people would list some things like this. It would help more.

• @bingus9984 A lot of it is probably people overreacting. There is even a youtube channel that is the epitome of calling cheats when none are present.

• In adventure mode - Not common

HG - Infested, EU Servers are infested by cheaters. Last night I was watching Stiirling playing Duo HG, first or second game in the night, cheaters.... two or three games later, another one.

Even worse on brig.

So yes, SoT has a really huge problem with cheats, but Rare doesn´t care about that so.... Good Luck to all these players who will try to earn the PvP curses on Community Weekend, you will suffer a lot to get matched against a legit player.

• Not common.

Solo HS player.
    Series s&x
    Console/Controller preferred (probably 90% of why I don't see cheats)
    East Coast Florida
    I don't HG (another 5%) and I am very good at being sneaky.

PC players will see more because it's easier to put cheats on a PC than an Xbox.

HG players will see it a lot more.

• @bingus9984 not common just really good players. It’s unbelievable how good some of the players are in this community. I have thousands of hours logged and only know of 2 cheaters my crew has faced since the game was released in 2018. We just accept the fact the crews are better than us and move on. Only way to improve

Good luck on the seas my friend

• VERY common, start doing more hourglass and you will see them A LOT more.
    Most common cheat is the aim-bot, no matter where you stand on your ship, even if on the crew's-nest, every cannonball will be aimed right at you, from the very first one, with extreme precision.
    small example from today- "the unkillable" cheat:

• If you're recording already, take another second and report it via support

• Common and also not really.
    Depends on day, time and region - usually it's pretty chill in UK, but sometimes it matches with other europe and gets loose really quick

Views
question
9 out of 11