Character recovery (gamepass to steam)

• Hello everyone ! I am French and don't speak English perfectly, so I used Google translate to translate this text! Sorry in advance if everything is not clear.

A few years ago I played SoT via Xbox Gamepass.
    Today I bought it directly via Steam, I have linked my Steam account to my Xbox account, but I cannot recover my old character, the game only offers to create a new pirate.

Does the fact of having started with Gamepass, but now having purchased it on Steam, make it impossible to recover my account?

Thanks in advance !

Views
  • @cornesinge68137 said in Character recovery (gamepass to steam):

Hello everyone ! I am French and don't speak English perfectly, so I used Google translate to translate this text! Sorry in advance if everything is not clear.

A few years ago I played SoT via Xbox Gamepass.
    Today I bought it directly via Steam, I have linked my Steam account to my Xbox account, but I cannot recover my old character, the game only offers to create a new pirate.

Does the fact of having started with Gamepass, but now having purchased it on Steam, make it impossible to recover my account?

Thanks in advance !

It should be possible; make sure you're really linked the correct xbox account - check if the pirate is still there on your xbox account.

I came across this

Fix: Unable to Link Xbox Live account to Steam in Sea of Thieves
    First of all, you will need to press Windows + G keys on the keyboard to view the Xbox Game Bar feature (Windows 10).
    Next, click on the Settings menu (cog icon) from the top bar.
    Click on Accounts : Scroll down to “Connect with friends from across social networks”.
    Look for Steam : Then click on Unlink.
    Once the unlinking process is done, relaunch the Sea of Thieves game via the Steam client.
    Now, you should be able to reconnect your Steam using the Xbox Live account and play the game.

Views
1 out of 2