Really need help lol

• Hello Everyone 🤗

New player here looking for any kind pirates that are willing to show me the ropes.

I remember people talking about how this game had no content when it first came out, but I just bought it the other day and I'm blown away by how much content must have been added since then because I get overwhelmed by it all every time I spawn in lol 🤯.

To me that's a good thing and I can't wait to learn everything 😄, happy sailing!!

Feel free to add me

Views
  • Welcome on in

All you gotta do is explore and try things. Find your style and then you get to build on that.

There is a guide or a video or threads about pretty much everything as you get questions or curious here or there. Discord stuff, twitch stuff, it's all around.

You don't have to do anything so it'll all be there when you get to that stage. You're piratically finding your immersion right now, that's all you gotta do, play, explore, encounter, try different stuff.

Be you, embrace your piratical individuality and preferences. You won't regret that even if it feels overwhelming right now.

One session at a time, be present in the session, goals but not obligations, find rewarding stuff but don't set bars based on what others do or how they play.

Something to remember is that you are never bad at the game, because the game is adventure. You'll sink and lose and get frustrated, never makes you bad at adventure, ever. We are all just trying to have a good time based on our individual preferences, day 1 or first day it doesn't matter, don't let anyone get ya down or discourage you as you figure it all out.

I sink, you sink, we all sink. Get experimental with it, experience is worth more than gold.

• Welcome to the Seas

You picked a good time to join. Season 10 added Safer Seas - explore 90% of the content with 30% of the profit on a server with no other player ships. This would be the ideal starter place for a new player looking to learn the ropes before they venture into High Seas.
    Season 11 added tutorial voyages. The Pirate Lord will appear on your ship and guide you through tutorial voyages for the three main trading factions

If you do venture in to High Seas you can go back to Safer Seas. Sailing on High Seas does not prevent you going back.

High Seas:
    Not all servers are equal. Some are PvP sweat fests and some are peaceful. Most are a mix of the two. Trust no one.

When parking at an island. Sails up, Anchor up, face in the direction you want to leave.
    That ship that sailed past probably didn't just sail past. Expect to be boarded.

Never carry more loot than you are afraid to lose. Keep a close eye on other boats.
    It's not yours until you hand it in.

You will probably sink. It happens to all of us. You just raise anchor and set sail again.

Phuzzy Bond on YouTube is a good source of general information
    Blurbs has guides on PvP

• @wolfmanbush

Thank you, I've been slowly sinking my teeth into everything and watching YouTube videos helped a lot too 😆. I'll definitely check out the game guide resources here also.

• @phantaxus

Thank you I've been finally figured out that what I have to do to buy a Emissary Flag and I'm currently leveling up my Merchant Faction to level 15. It too me a while to figure out that all the missions are accessible through the ships table 😂

• @slimmmmcity said in Really need help lol:

@wolfmanbush

Thank you, I've been slowly sinking my teeth into everything and watching YouTube videos helped a lot too 😆. I'll definitely check out the game guide resources here also.

You're doing awesome. It's a great season to get out there and explore.

If you're not in a guild yet and are interested I'd consider looking through the many different recruitment threads here on the site. There are likely a few that are open for new players and have have a casual outlook about leveling. This can give you a chance to meet some people and get involved in a non-stressful situation where you can contribute in your own way, while sharing with others.

Every day is a good day when we have the opportunity to participate in sea of thieves.

You are welcome to contact me any time. No questions are lame or silly in the process of learning. Took me a long time to figure out things. Doesn't bother me at all to help out with information or strategy.

• @wolfmanbush said in Really need help lol:

@slimmmmcity said in Really need help lol:

@wolfmanbush

You're doing awesome. It's a great season to get out there and explore.

If you're not in a guild yet and are interested I'd consider looking through the many different recruitment threads here on the site. There are likely a few that are open for new players and have have a casual outlook about leveling. This can give you a chance to meet some people and get involved in a non-stressful situation where you can contribute in your own way, while sharing with others.

Every day is a good day when we have the opportunity to participate in sea of thieves.

You are welcome to contact me any time. No questions are lame or silly in the process of learning. Took me a long time to figure out things. Doesn't bother me at all to help out with information or strategy.

I have a question 🤔.

I've been looking at the in-game store and see a huge 4 player ship set that I want to buy, but I was wondering if the all those aesthetics I buy can be applied to the Sloop I'm about to purchase in-game for the 250,000 gold

• @slimmmmcity said in Really need help lol:

I have a question 🤔.

I've been looking at the in-game store and see a huge 4 player ship set that I want to buy, but I was wondering if the all those aesthetics I buy can be applied to the Sloop I'm about to purchase in-game for the 250,000 gold

Yup. It'll look a bit different on the smaller ships because there is more to show off on the massive galleon but all of your cosmetics (minus some captaincy stuff specifically for galleons) you can apply to your sloop

If you want you can let me know the set and I'll put it on my sloop and send you a pic so you can see what it looks like. Or I can show you in game.

@slimmmmcity said in Really need help lol:

@wolfmanbush

It's the Ship Set with the Bull Figure head The Labyrinth I think it's called. Could you please take a Sloop photo of that one please? I'm playing on PC/Steam.

Yup! will work on that and send it.

Sent it

• @wolfmanbush

It's the Ship Set with the Bull Figure head The Labyrinth I think it's called. Could you please take a Sloop photo of that one please? I'm playing on PC/Steam.

• Also is there a way for me to add Xbox players to my in-game friends list even though I play on my Steam Deck though my Steam Account?

Views
1 out of 11