Need help with text-to-speech

• Ahoy!

While sailing i get this feeling that Blackbeard himself is mad at me. If we are sailing, and someone types something in the chat or uses the chat-emotes like "Aye!" it get readen out by the pirate voice of my computer.

I tried all setting, all. I got all "text-to-speech" on disabled. But it doesnt even matter if its disabled, activated, or "not overridden" (the default). The only way to get this to stop i found is to mute the player in voice chat, but then i cant here him when he talks normaly...

Please help me, im feeling like getting schizophrenia.

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!

Views
    questiongeneralwindows 10
  • If the other player has text to speech enabled, it will output voice from their end and there is nothing you can do about it other than mute them because it functions as if they were using voice comms.

• @d3adst1ck True, however i do agree with OP that turning TTS on should impact your own game not the other peoples.

Turning TTS on is also a help for people who can't read or have a lower reading skill or for people who's eyes don't function enough to be able to read the letters on the screen. Only making it affect the other players kinda destroys the function of TTS where you could turn it on as a help for those players with reading.

Views
questiongeneralwindows 10
1 out of 3