inquiries regarding season 11 changes

• ahoy

anyone allowed to say anything about what's gonna happen to tome/ritual skull/skull of destiny quests when season 11 rolls in? the season 11 trailer mentionned they're getting rid of purchasable voyages, so i'm getting worried this could mean some content and/or commendations might get sunset.

1- there's 3 in-game commendations for purchasing 250 voyages for each of the original trading companies
    2- larinna has a bunch of special voyages (tomes, ritual skulls, skull of destiny), a fair amount of commendations are tied to tomes and skull of destiny
    3- are captain's voyages affected by the changes ?
    4- are messages in a bottle affected in any way? because you can't get breath of the seas from any other source other than a coral message in a bottle, as far as i'm aware.

any of these getting the boot? on another note, this is kind of a light season, uh? hope season 12 isn't too far off personally.

Views
  • Once again, they say something without fully explaining what is changing and not.

• Faction voyages will be free but have to be unlocked by lvling up
    • Commendations...retired?
    • Where the Gold sink?
  • Unfortunately they’ve left us in the dark about a lot with this trailer. Hopefully they will explain more before the season launches. I’ll say what I think might happen, but it’s just my opinion.

1- there's 3 in-game commendations for purchasing 250 voyages for each of the original trading companies

Likely going the way of the arena commendations and achievements and just being retired. Which is gonna stink because it will be another legacy achievement you can never complete on Xbox. And will annoy a lot of 100% achievement hunters the way the arena ones do.

Though buying 250 voyages is actually easy as you don’t have to do them, you just buy and delete them from the quest tab which is next to Ship’s Log in your menu. You can just stand in front of the vendor, buy until full, delete until empty, rinse and repeat. So really easy one to grind out, just in case.

2- larinna has a bunch of special voyages (tomes, ritual skulls, skull of destiny), a fair amount of commendations are tied to tomes and skull of destiny

Tomes can still be had from natural encounters, so I think those will stay the same. You get chests and keys lots of places. Skeleton ships, skeleton forts, random island captains. The skull of destiny commendations might get retired alongside the purchasing voyages one.

I’m really confused where a lot of our gold and doubloons are supposed to go. We normally ask for more places to spend them and from what I’ve seen in the trailer it looks like we suddenly lose a lot of ways to spend our currency. Great for new players, but they will quickly have tons of money to do nothing with.

3- are captain's voyages affected by the changes ?

Im guessing they are, why would people buy captaincy voyages when you can do everything for free? I hope they don’t actually do away with voyages that exist though. Like the mercenary voyages and even that one treasure hunt voyage that’s 5,000 gold a pop. I am probably the one person who actually does that voyage, but it’s a great place for me to spend my gold and I find it funny what all you dig up during it. It was entertainment I was willing to sink gold into.

4- are messages in a bottle affected in any way? because you can't get breath of the seas from any other source other than a coral message in a bottle, as far as i'm aware.

I hope not! Hopefully bottle quests stay the same and that you can still find parchments in barrels too. If they make it where you can just dive to a coral bottle or dive to a fruit crate… that’s gonna upset a lot of people 🤣

any of these getting the boot? on another note, this is kind of a light season, uh? hope season 12 isn't too far off personally.

Someone told me, as I haven’t had time to watch myself, that SoT said in their latest podcast this is the last sandbox/QoL update they have planned for a while and that we should see more content and Flameheart this year.

• @abjectarity said in inquiries regarding season 11 changes:

Likely going the way of the arena commendations and achievements and just being retired. Which is gonna stink because it will be another legacy achievement you can never complete on Xbox. And will annoy a lot of 100% achievement hunters the way the arena ones do.

This is baseless. They have changed achievements before, odds are these will also change. Arena was the special case, not the norm.

• @veedrock said in inquiries regarding season 11 changes:

@abjectarity said in inquiries regarding season 11 changes:

This is baseless. They have changed achievements before, odds are these will also change. Arena was the special case, not the norm.

I must not have been here for that, as I only have seen what they did with arena. What did they change before?

Views
4 out of 5