Lavenderbeard but nothing works to fix it.

• So I play on a windows 11 system and I am playing sea of thieves on steam and im encountering an issue that I've even talked to support 2 times about it and they just give me the same stuff that dosent work. I keep getting the lavenderbeard error and I've deleted the credentials and reset the data for all the Xbox applications and I've even reinstalled the game. I think it is an issue with the steam linking process while logging in. If you have any thoughts let me know.

Views
  • When you first launch the game, before you hit anything, do you see a sign out option on the bottom middle of the screen? Try clicking that, close the game, open again and it should prompt a new sign in. See if that fixes it.

• It dosent have anything there it says play or exit to desktop so I click play and it prompts me to sign in with xbox live then I pops up with the error.

• @corrosion123309 Ahoy matey!

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I would try what this article suggests to do with Credential Manager. This should get you back up and sailing again!

• Oh I remember someone had that issue once before, and it turned out to be their Microsoft defender or something silly like that. It’s been a while but you saying there was no sign in option, just play or exit to desktop has triggered a memory.

Try what Musicmee suggested, but I think you might have done that already. After that google excluding a program from windows defender. It’ll be SoTgame.exe that you would need to input in the exclusion list.

• I've had sea of thieves in the exclusion list and I've already tried the credentials manager thing.

• When looking back through some threads here I noticed at least 2 other people who posted about this same issue in the past couple of weeks. Specifically the login to live being white or giving error code. So it might be a bigger issue than usual and have a different root cause.

Usually the suggestions work, but if it’s a new problem then different troubleshooting might be required. Unfortunately I can’t think of anything else to try right now.

It might be worth contacting Microsoft customer service since the issue might be on the live services side and not the game side. Even though the error is a game error, the correction isn’t working since the login window just errors out.

• Ok, thank you for all the help.

• I got it working and all i had to do was sign out of the xbox aplications and the microsoft store.

Views
8 out of 9