A Controller Settings Guide as of late 2023

• The following is a suggested settings guide for controller players. Just keep in mind your preferred sensitivity settings in particular may vary from mine and that’s okay.

If you’re new to the game, Welcome to Sea of Thieves!

Settings - Controller

Adding custom controls to the dpad and pushing in the right stick for throwables, planks, bucket and food.

Settings - Input

Choosing the right stick sensitivity. This is a medium to medium fast, highly responsive set up if you want it faster or slower adjust “Controller Sensitivity” accordingly.

If you want less initial acceleration and more rapid acceleration later in the curve then increase your “Controller Response Curve” value to 2.5, 3.0 or 3.5. I do not recommend using anything below 2.0 or above 3.5.

Almost turn off hip fire aim assist completely. It doesn’t feel good when you’re not even aiming and your camera is sticking to targets as you look around.

Turn down ads aim assist from default so that the aim assist doesn’t make it extra difficult to lead shots appropriately in moving ship to moving ship scenarios.

Settings - Gameplay

Set Reduce hold to interact to ON, Disable Ship Sitting Spots and optionally Disable Ship Trinket Interactions recommended if you aren’t actively changing your vessel’s decorations.

Disable Auto-vote on proposed voyages

Settings - Graphics

Set Field of View to max (90), disable blur from ghostly treasure and disable screen shake from firing cannons.

Settings - Audio

Turn the Player Chat Indicator ON to know when you’re speaking in game chat.

Settings - Matchmaking

Optionally play with Xbox players only if you are playing on Xbox.

Views
  • Great guide I would also mention that it’s very beneficial to move jump to right or left bumper and change switch weapon to something where you don’t have to take your finger off the aim

Views
1 out of 2