Mouse buttons get "locked"

• So I've recently reinstalled Sea of Thieves, and I never had this problem before, but now, quite frequently, my mouse buttons get locked. What happens is, lets say I need to bucket the ship, I take out the bucket (Q - drag to 7), and when I press left click to start bucketing, nothing happens. This happens with everything, cannons, sword, eating. After a few seconds, it does the command. Also sometimes my right click gets "stuck", where I'm trying to left click to attack with my sword, but it's like it's held in so all I do is parry.

This makes pvp a nightmare. This happens every time I play, so dying and whatnot does not help. I've recently reinstalled, I've tried to reset my keybindings. I'm at a loss, anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Views
  • Is there any chance that your mouse is slightly broken/something stuck inside? Maybe in the heat of the moment you press the buttons too hard and you can experience the fault, where as when you are scrolling through windows it works properly as you press it gently? Just my first thought.

• I never have any issues in other games. I did a clean of it but still same issue. It never feels like the keys itself gets stuck. I also noticed it's something to do with the mouse itself, even scrollwheel won't work sometimes.

• @sharcha4282 Weird, if you have another mouse see if it still happens. I had something stuck underneath the button and thought I will need to buy a new one, as it was behaving similar to yours.

Views
1 out of 4