Sea of thieves Minecraft server

• Is it possible to make a Minecraft server that recreates Sea of Thieves? I ask about copyright issues and things like that

Views
  • I wouldn't worry about copyright, and not only that, I would do and record everything to send to Rare during Community Day, maybe you would even win the Hat of Unfeasibly Glorious Fame that way.

• There have been projects posted here on this topic

I would just put a lil something like "inspired by" "tribute to" just to be polite but create create create imo

I've never played minecraft but to me it's obvious that both games attract many of the same types of players. It's awesome when people take the passion from one experience and create something with it somewhere else. That's ultimately how a live service type of game will live on, through the projects people work on physically or digitally outside of the servers.

and imo it's about as clean as advertisement gets for the game. Doesn't have all the narratives and hot takes and all that, just a passion project inspired by the sea of thieves world.

• Thank you for clarifying it, I will try to develop it, but it will not be easy since there are many things to do and develop and I would like to say that there is also a lot of budget but that is not the case either, I have the idea in my head and that is that the users of the community contribute their grain of sand each one. If in the end the project leaves port, I will update in the forum, thank you!

• If you ever need help, I might be able to. I am not the best Minecraft builder, but I could probably recreate an island or a ship class.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
3 out of 6