Pirates Life, PVE + Adventure content

• Recently returned to the game after being gone a while from launch. Monkey Island brought me back but I'm doing "A Pirate's Life" first and just finished 4/5 last eve. One thing that surprised - when I've completed each chapter almost every time it's a Diamond Achievement on XBOX (i.e. a relatively low percentage of players have done it)?

I found that a bit odd and also a little concerning? There are a lot of players always asking for and advocating PVE content (I'm one of them) so I found it surprising that maybe a comparative few are actually doing these long form stories on offer? It's a shame because I've loved them and hope they keep coming. I wonder too if the XBOX player base is just dwarfed by the PC players? For this game I do prefer the console (the game is beautiful on Series X on a big 4K TV) but understand that maybe the more vocal and active portion of the playerbase is on PC (or is that wrong)?

Just curious about this - and also just taking a moment to let the dev team know that this content is wanted and appreciated. Having great fun with it and looking forward to the Monkey Island stuff when done with POTC.

*Edit - I also know that a lot of gamers don't necessarily fully complete story modes even in games they love. Again - just hope more like this is still in the pipeline.

Views
  • They seem pretty committed to storytelling

the form of storytelling tends to be a mixed bag as far as feedback goes, many aren't into adventures being short term (they have addressed this and said they are making changes), many prefer SoT lore specific tall tales, etc etc

They must have the data and drive to keep story/adventure content a major part of development still.

Which is good, I do my own thing for adventure but it's always been clear that the story content (and content like shrines) are where the devs do their best work (imo).

I've always enjoyed observing other people enjoying things like tall tales and shrines. I'm not concerned about the achievement thing, devs seem to enjoy making it/releasing it and more casual players are enjoying the seas in recent months which will lead to more participation in the content.

I've seen a lot more people doing the last chapter of the PotC content this season, some of that may be for supplies but given how long it was taking some people and general vibe of the crews I'd lean more into guessing organic participation, which is great.

Views
1 out of 2