Game support permanently revoked

• How do I report bugs, cheaters, and racists if game supoort is permanently revoked.

Views
  • Pretty sure any significant evidence of toxicity that you gather can be submitted by any of your friends

meaning that a clip of toxicity is a clip of toxicity and it doesn't necessarily need to be you to report it

just don't get involved in mass reporting stuff, the same evidence doesn't need to be reported by multiple people.

• @lt-josh84 How did you get banned from support? I didn't know this was a thing.

• @riptide3683 said in Game support permanently revoked:

@lt-josh84 How did you get banned from support? I didn't know this was a thing.

You basically have to harass them when they tell you to quit making tickets or you have to be a very bad egg. Things like threats, lies, black mail, etc.

• @personalc0ffee ah. not very good stuff.

• Ive never threatened anyone, blackmailed anyone or lied, it happened after i got 2 yellowbeards a few years back. Im assuming thats the reason but I cant get an explanation. One was for inappropriate pet names, and the other was stealing a streamers athena chest and then joining his stream after he asked for a follow.

• Cheating wasnt an issue until recently, but experienceing it on a weekly basis. Not aimbot stuff either. But invisible kegs , a dude literal flew onto our ship from behind, and invisible chests of sorrows. Then when you say anything you get called words over and over again. Mostly happens in hour glass. Its affecting my crew (we swap between 11 people during the week) half are xbox half are pc. Often the xbox players want to stay on xbox only servers now, which sucks because its splitting our crew in half. Pc vs xbox argument

• @lt-josh84 Well, if you play on a crew you can have one of your crew members clip and report.

• @lt-josh84

I'm in the South East Asia servers and it seems to be pretty alright in comparison to some horror stories I here from EU, US and South African players.

However I am seeing some suspicious behaviour that is hard to prove as hacking.

Yeah I've encountered 2 of your super fly, keg blowing hackers in the last 2 months but what I've noticed more commonly is players using 3rd party apps to gather intel but not to directly hack...
    Case and point:
    A couple of times I've been flying an emissary flag from one of the three prime trading companies and see a Galleon or brig coming directly to the island I'm parked behind.
    No way they can see the mast with the island's height and no world events behind to lead them that way. Sure they might have a voyage in that direction but when they decide to go around the island... The crews I suspect of being dodgy seem to perfectly plan to slow down and target my ship before it should be visible to them.

I didn't quiet comprehend what was happening until during a random FOF alliance a player from the other crew began providing alerts of nearby ships with the distance and the crew numbers and ship type...
    "1 Player Brig on a course to pass the fort." they would say.

Oh how far? is it close? how can you be sure there is no one below decks?

He admitted to using a 3rd party app which effectively worked like wall hacks.
    I didn't get that admission on film unfortunately and doubt I'll be able to catch anyone else out that clearly so wondering if y'all have any suggestions of what could be a viable report of possible third party apps? Don't want to have the same problem as OP with support . ':)

• @tehfallenknight

Yep, majority of cheaters use those ''hacks/cheats''
    which are ''impossible'' to detect really.
    Even them self-admitting to using a software is ''not enough proof'' to get them banned, I can testify to this as I have reported players doing the same thing as you described in the past.

Most players think that just because someone isn't drop flying kegs around the map being obvious, automatically means that cheating isn't that big of a problem.
    Like a good 20% of players are using some form of external software would be my guesstimate.
    ESP for example has THOUSANDS of downloads each update when it breaks (After a game update, all cheating software needs a patch to match/fix current version of the game).
    Comparing those download numbers to Steam PEAK active player base which is around 14k, that's a large chunk of the population using the ESP/gummy software alone... (Yes I only took steam chart player activity numbers as reference)

The amount of times I heard friendships being broken/cut off because 'X' friend was found to be cheating is countless. Everyone from the casual swabbie crews to the ''sweats'' communities. Happens every month someone slips up/spills the beans.

Anyone who has been in the community for some time and have talked to other players and have been shown footage in multiple discord SoT Communities, you quickly realize ''closet cheating'' is damn rampant, and anyone who says otherwise is just mis-informed about the facts.
    Once again just because a player isn't using blatant aimbot, doesn't mean they are using FoV/ESP in the background which you will not be able to tell, not only that but RARE support don't have an anti-cheat in place that detects external software.
    Never had, and probably never will.

Views
1 out of 10