Season 10 Release

• Based on the current countdown for the end of Season 9 via the in game menu, when can we expect the release of Season 10?

I don't know about you guys but Season 9 feels like the longest Season yet. Is this factually correct, I don't know.

Views
  • Shortest Season: S2 at 68 days
    Mean Length: 98 days
    Longest Season: S6 at 147 days

Currently we're at 124 days and the in game notice suggests 3 weeks so we'll hit 145 days which is the 8th of August.

Only 2 seasons have finished on a Tuesday (S2 and S7) the rest finished on a Thursday. If we assume it's likely to be the Thursday again we'll equal the longest season at 147 days and it will finish on the 10th of August.

• @mrcrowbard said in Season 10 Release:

Shortest Season: S2 at 68 days
    Mean Length: 98 days
    Longest Season: S6 at 147 days

Currently we're at 124 days and the in game notice suggests 3 weeks so we'll hit 145 days which is the 8th of August.

Only 2 seasons have finished on a Tuesday (S2 and S7) the rest finished on a Thursday. If we assume it's likely to be the Thursday again we'll equal the longest season at 147 days and it will finish on the 10th of August.

/me places bet on 3rd of August :).

• Eh, I could care less how long a season is... as long as the game keeps getting better. They have been pretty great at the drip feed of cosmetics, the New Trading Company Outfits are fantastic (NOTE: Rare please add some re-skins of the Pirate Legend outfit... One that matches the new PL Weapons, and a set that matches the Mighty Athena Cutlass from a few seasons ago).

Guilds are gonna add some additional complexities/benefits to the game when they are implemented, new Tall Tales are coming there have been improvements on Cheaters (Hopefully Microsoft and Steam will get involved and ban accounts from accessing Xbox Live), and there have been a pretty consistent stream of Quality of Life improvements which really do help make the game more fun that it already is.

Sea of Thieves has one of the most energizing and organic gameplay loops I have ever experienced in a game, and as long as they slowly improve things I am planning on sticking around for a while... cuz NOTHING compares to what this game offers... unless it has some really frustrating leveling mechanic that disrupts the balance of the game. The only thing that really frustrates me about SOT are the cheaters.

• @lem0n-curry Watch them do it on the Monday just to screw with the system ha

@lem0n-curry Watch them do it on the Monday just to screw with the system ha

Probably not :) Basing my prediction on "3 weeks" meaning between somewhere between 14 and 21 days.

• From a -health of the risk/reward adventure environment view- season 9 completely changed the momentum of the game

not just because of season 9 but that is where all the bits and pieces of previous seasons mixed with a shift in activity cohesively hit refresh on the environment.

Battles over random regular forts, fleets, hg third party scenarios, chest of fortune situations, fotd activity

varied pve activity, emissaries, captained boats, roar activity, voyages, athena, reaper, shrines, island activity

organic alliances, organic battles, teams formed during battles

skill levels are all over the place, it creates less predictable encounters and battles

higher qol for more people

season 9 has had a few popular shrouded ghost tales during season 9 that are good for morale and adventure conversation

I know people want new seasons, more content added, fresh stuff, something new to do or chase, understandable

but at the organic level this is pretty much peak SoT for random varied and consistent activity, enjoy it while it's here, never know how long something will last.

The weekly reset on that countdown is on Thursday's. It's currently counting down to August 3rd.

Views
5 out of 9