Help Please! BOSE SOUNDLINK II SOT Audio Input Playback

• I have the above mentioned headphones, I use them for everything! While playing sea of thieves (an amazing game), I run into an issue where my headphone's microphone gets turned on, and then plays back the audio input that it receives (from me, my computer fans, etc.) back into my own headphones! I've ran through microphone and audio settings, made several adjustments, actually disabled the mic in settings, but for some reason, SOT is still causing the mic to turn on and using it in conjunction with my laptop mic (which I prefer to use). This only happens when on SOT, no audio settings in game or on windows or xbox game-bar has yet helped to resolve this issue. As mentioned, even after disabling the microphone on windows settings, SOT is still turning it on and causing this audio input playback. I've used my other headphones and this is not a problem, but they're much less comfortable. After spending several hours trying to resolve this so I can better enjoy the game without this horrid audio issue, I've decided to see if anyone here can help.

Please help me resolve this issue,
    Thanks!

Views
  • @lofiwiz

Sea of Thieves doesn't have its own audio input/output settings but it does one thing a bit different to other games: it uses whatever you have set as your "Default Communication Device" not your "Default Device" in the Windows Sound Panel settings.

(Just to be clear, these settings are accessible by right-clicking on the speaker icon on your taskbar and going to "Sounds" and going to the Recording tab, then right-clicking on your device)

The fact that you're saying you've disabled your mic and it keeps reactivating makes me think that it's disconnecting and reconnecting to Windows intermittently (maybe a small drop in the Bluetooth signal) and that is enough for Windows to see it as a new device connecting and to switch to it for Communication.

Unfortunately, if that's the case, I don't know what the solution is. If those headphones have the ability to be cabled to your laptop, using one might help.

• I believe SoT actually uses other input. Probably the laptop integrated mic, rather than headphones mic (especially when you disabled it).
    You can actually have a hard time to recognize which mic is being processed if both are nearby.
    I think the issue you have is "Listen to this device" setting. You may have opt this in by accident when resolving other microphone issue.
    Go to Microphone Properties, Listen tab, make sure Listen to this device is NOT checked.
    If this does not help, try setting up a "push to talk" button in SoT to make sure the sound you hear is not produced by any other application catching any noise and playing it back to you.
    Finally, make sure to use just the "Stereo" device as output and disable "Hands-free" device (input & output) completely. Chance is SoT actually picks one of these for input/output, ignoring your preferred default device.

Views
2 out of 3