If you have any Monkey Island ?’s I’d love to answer them

• I just want to say hello. I played Sea of Thieves years ago but fizzled out when I moved. Obviously, the news that Monkey Island is the newest Tall Tale theme I’ve come running back, begging for forgiveness for stepping out 😀

Anyways, I am the owner of Adventure Game Hotspot website and founder of the Adventure Game hall of fame. I hope Monkey Island Tall Tale will help your interest in the past Monkey Island Games.

I’m here to answer any questions about lore, the characters that you will meet, etc. I hope to get engrained in the Sea of Thieves community.

Views
  • I watched your video; I thought it was really funny! I've played Monkey Island 1, Monkey 2, and Return to Monkey Island, and it's great to have a refresher!

I'm not sure what exactly the crossover will entail or what characters from Sea of Thieves may be appearing throughout it, but I wrote a post in the hopes of giving Monkey Island fans a general idea of "what the heck" the Sea of Thieves is and how you can get caught up to date with its lore and characters: https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/159490/monkey-island-fans-looking-to-get-into-sea-of-thieves/1

I hope you can get back into Sea of Thieves!

• @lucky11
    Great. I'm checking your post now!
    Thanks for the kind words. I am actually re-installing as we speak and will be firing it up tonight ;)

• @weirdgamingadv

Do I need to play Monkey Island to get the tale?

• @pithyrumble No one knows but is doubtful. The tales are likely completable by all but to understand references and the humour/world, a little knowledge would probably help.

• Well now, this is an interesting thread. Abhoy and welcome to the community.

I have personally played the re-masters for Monkey Island 1 and 2 and then I also played Return to Monkey Island. I haven't played the ones that Ron Gilbert wasn't writing.

• @triheadedmonkey

I really hope there's a Loom reference in the Scumm Bar.

• How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

• @lucky11 said in If you have any Monkey Island ?’s I’d love to answer them:

@triheadedmonkey

I really hope there's a Loom reference in the Scumm Bar.

Isn't it obligatory by this point?

• @personalc0ffee

That's a good point! Though, of course, that leads my brain down a rabbit hole of potential Easter Eggs/references from Rare and Lucasfilm/Disney:

i.e. Is someone like Jack Sparrow, Captain Pendragon, or even Captain Blackeye cameoing? Could there be a passing reference to Treasure Trove Cove? Maybe the Call Box on Monkey Island is returning? (I hope we can pick up the phone and call Mike Chapman or someone like that!) Or some quotes from Star Wars or Indiana Jones may make an appearance. ("I have a bad feeling about this!", "Why does it always have to be snakes!?")

• Maybe we will challenge Edward Van Helgen to a banjo duel again.

Views
11 out of 12