*Need help with the game constantly crashes*

• Hello there, I'm looking for help with my game constantly crashing and forcing me to update it. The problem seems to be with the "Core_..." files. Is there any fix? I took some screenshots but, there is no option to upload them. I'm on PC, Steam version.

Views
  • @xdmxd33 Try to uninstall the game and install it again. Sometimes missing files can be recovered this way.

• @metal-ravage Yes, I already tried that thinking it will solve it, but it happened again.

• @xdmxd33 Do you get any message or error code?

• Its always the same message: 'There is a missing or corrupt data file that is required for the game to run' There is a reference to the file. The error code is PV02.

• @xdmxd33 Check this link for a possible solution:

• Hey there I've had this for about a month or so on my Windows 10 machine. I did raise a support case with Rare but unfortunately it was never resolved... For completeness sake here's the symptoms and steps that I went through to fix...

Random corrupt errors with core files - could be any of them... Seen it most when using telescope, or in a particular activity could be a specific island or fighting enemies or even in a tall tale.

This is on the windows store install and not Steam - a lot of the support pages seem to relate to the Steam version...

Fixes tried...
    Complete reinstall...
    Complete reinstall with clearing app store cache and settings.
    Installing on secondary ssd, mechanical drive and finally primary (c:) ssd. Thr last one has reduced the crashes.

When it happens try the scan. If resolves rejoin session...
    If scan still comes back with corruption then still try logging in. Sometimes it just works fine others it won't
    If all else fails shut down and restart and then rejoin session and this will usually fix.

Haven't tried on Windows 11 as I don't have a machine that supports it.

Views
1 out of 7