Having trouble getting OoS rep

• I wanted to get my Order of Souls reputation up as I am only level 37 so I hopped on and bought a mission raised the emissary flag . The mission I got gave six islands to go to and a total of 14 skeletons to kill I spent 2 and a half hours doing this and brought back all 14 skulls and sold them as a level 4 emissary and I got half a level of rep. What the heck. Someone tell me what happened please

Views
  • how are you at sinking skelly ships?

I always created my own "voyage" and I just sank all the skelly ships and checked small islands for loot, took out mermaid statues, meg spawns aren't reliable but are always worth the kill on a sloop. Fleets if you feel comfortable doing them, only 3 ships to take out now. Shipwrecks can be alright for gems/skulls

Faster, more efficient, and less sitting in one spot to just create your own voyage

• @aparentlydak Try to reach emissary 5 and add things Wolfman mentioned to your adventure while sailing from island to island. Also skeleton ships will drop tridents, with them you will kill skeleton crews many times faster than with sword/guns. Also the better the skulls are , the more xp/gold you will get. 14 Villainous will get you a lot more than 14 hateful as an example.

• @zig-zag-ltu thanks both of you guys were really helpful although I knew some strategies I just thought it might be a glitch because like half of a level for that seems a little absurd even if I’m not doing the right things but I’ll take your advice and try and do that and when you said fleets did you mean skeleton ship fleets or the ghost fleets

• @aparentlydak I think he meant the world event, but keep an eye on other pirates. If I am not mistaken you will fight 2 sloops one by one and then a Galleon (perhaps they have changed it). It's also a good naval practice.
    The ghost ship quest is also a good practice, however I personally don't do them often as everyone in near vicinity can see what you are up to and for the degree of difficulty the rewards are quite bad, much better to try and do the Flameheart world event (but be careful as it tends to be difficult if you play on console).

Also if you are just grinding level reputation and gold, don't be shy to cancel quests and sail a bit away and start a new one, there is really not much point going for Old Faithful island for 1-2 skulls as an example. For completing voyages, the cheap ones from shipwright are good as you tend to get them on small islands. Also another small tip, if you sail from A to B, try to sail past close to small islands, if you see any skeleton captains - kill them, they always drop villainous skulls + a quest on the same island.

Skeleton ships also boost your emissary reputation. And keep an eye on those reapers ^^

• I only ask because its very easy to miss, but have you bought the promotions for order of souls? If not that will be a vital part to getting better rep as you go. If you are fully promoted as far as you can get, i advise drifting close to any small islands as you go rather than just heading from quest mark to quest mark. If you see any skele captains as you pass, they always drop a villainous skull which is about as good as you will get from normal skeles.

As well 2 good things to do, if you see an ashen lord up, go for them because they are extremely fast and have a very good skull for rep, and if you are willing to deal with it, ashen bounties in the roar provide double rep and gold.

• @goldsmen said in Having trouble getting OoS rep:

I only ask because its very easy to miss, but have you bought the promotions for order of souls? If not that will be a vital part to getting better rep as you go. If you are fully promoted as far as you can get, i advise drifting close to any small islands as you go rather than just heading from quest mark to quest mark. If you see any skele captains as you pass, they always drop a villainous skull which is about as good as you will get from normal skeles.

As well 2 good things to do, if you see an ashen lord up, go for them because they are extremely fast and have a very good skull for rep, and if you are willing to deal with it, ashen bounties in the roar provide double rep and gold.

Plus the geysers help kill the skellies as well.

• @goldsmen I have gotten the promotions thanks for checking

• @aparentlydak Going to the Devil's Roar and doing Ashen Order of Soul Bounty voyages is also a good method. The islands will kill the skeletons for you via geysers and all the skulls are worth double the value. Combine that with g5 emissary and then do the g5 oos emissary quest and you'll have plenty of valuable skulls in no time. Also if you can stomach it the gold hoarders skull for tall tale 9 is worth quite a chunk to the order of souls.

• You can use captain voyages for OoS, the one with 8? voyages. Buy a bunch of them for 7k? gold. I'll do the nearby easy/small islands with 4 captains, then cancel voyage, and put new one up. Keep cycling for 4 captain easy, close islands. You can do this in the roar as well.

• @unleet1 advice is a very solid one ! You don't have to finish a voyage entirely : just do the bit that makes sense, then cancel and go again. :)

Views
10 out of 11