How I took down a skeleton galleon with a sword, a gun, and some food.

• I had been doing the battle for the sea of thieves event and was on the last skeleton galleon, when my boat sank, and the rest of my crew left. I did not feel like taking the time to go to my boat and sail back, especially, when I had no crew, but I wanted to at least complete the event, so I boarded the skeleton galleon. The galleon already had some leaks, so my plan was to attack the skeletons repairing the galleon while sustaining myself with the food on the galleon. I fought and fought, destroying dozens of skeletons (and getting some good milestone progress), and the galleon began to sink. Additionally, the skeleton captain attacked me often, meaning that often, there was no one steering the galleon. This caused the galleon to run into rocks and leak even more. After a few minutes, I ran out of food (I am not very good at combat and I got damaged quite a bit) and died just as the water had almost covered the stairs to the middle deck. I was initially horrified that after all that, I had failed, but I heard the sound of the event being completed. I did not get any loot, but, as the saying goes: "It's not about the gold, it's about the glory." And a saying of my own: "It's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of planning."

Views
  • alt text

awesome

Views
1 out of 2