My first visit to the shores of gold

• I had completed the first 8 tall tales and was excited to go visit the shores of gold. I was in a brigantine with one other person (my crewmate and I did not want to get sidetracked by some random person, so we had the crew closed), and we started the tale. Once we got there we had little difficulty with the puzzles (as a matter of fact, they were my favorite part of the tall tale), and managed to get into the underground tunnels without much difficulty. Then came the traps, which we navigated pretty easily as well. Then came the gold hoarder. I had no knowledge of what the tall tale was like before I did it, so I had no idea what situation I was walking into. At first I thought it was an elaborate cut-scene when he started spreading gold on the floor, but once I saw skeletons spawn and attack me, I realized I had underestimated the difficulty of this tall tale. When I did the previous tall tales with skeleton lords, another crew destroyed the skeleton lord in the 2nd tall tale, and I had relied on cannons to defeat the one in the 8th tall tale. I had neither of those luxuries, and before I knew it my crewmate and I were being swarmed by skeletons and doing little damage to the gold hoarder before we died. Our only two options were to defeat the gold hoarder or leave the game (you cannot exit the room with the gold hoarder unless you defeat him), and we leaving was looking better and better. In a last ditch effort, we opened our crew in the hopes that we could get someone on our crew who could help us out. The person who joined was a pirate legend who was very experienced at the game and defeated the gold hoarder within about 20 minutes. We completed the tall tale and sold the skull getting 18,000 gold out of the experience.

Views
  • closing the crew at first in that situation and then opening it as needed is strong situational awareness, that's the sort of thing that will help you a lot in this game

navigating and handling the traps well on a first run is also a real strength in this game

very very cool, congrats

I am excited for you going forward, many adventures await

• @wolfmanbush Thank you

• @gaudierpuppy866

Nice! Glad you picked up a useful 3rd lol.

The next 4 times you do it, take a blunderbuss and take turns suicide running him, it'll go quicker.

Also add your Open Crew guy and invite them along next time lol.

GG!

• @pithyrumble Thanks for the advice

Views
4 out of 5