Skill-Based Matchmaking

• I've been doing a few hourglass fights, and I've noticed that I only come up against two kinds of crews: day 1 players and people that are so good they beat me in a minute, give or take.

How is this possible when rare has said there's skill-based matchmaking?

Views
  • @efishee said in Skill-Based Matchmaking:

I've been doing a few hourglass fights, and I've noticed that I only come up against two kinds of crews: day 1 players and people that are so good they beat me in a minute, give or take.

How is this possible when rare has said there's skill-based matchmaking?

because there are largely just 3 types that play it lol

solid to very skilled pvpers
    loss farmers
    people that are new for a test fight

I wouldn't recommend loss farming but what I would recommend is efficiency at your experience level.

I wouldn't spend much time at all supping, I wouldn't focus heavily on prolonging fights

I would take extra risks/play aggressively in tough fights and play smart and patient with fights you feel you can realistically win.

The more time spent per fight the quicker you will burn out, that includes supplies, fighting, all of it.

You probably won't find a lot of quality fights but you can still make solid progress and avoid a lot of the frustrations that really cause a lot of issues if they aren't minimized every step of the way.

• @wolfmanbush Thanks, mate.

I don't loss farm, and have been doing so much calculations in the xp that is earned by it. 12 losses equal 1 win, and they don't even get you reaper rep. You need 2040 losses to get lvl 100. Not a good stratergy. I pretty much do what you say already, and will take all your new feedback into account. My main issue of course, is I have to wait 20 mins for a fight.
    Thanks, mate.

• @efishee said in Skill-Based Matchmaking:

@wolfmanbush Thanks, mate.

I don't loss farm, and have been doing so much calculations in the xp that is earned by it. 12 losses equal 1 win, and they don't even get you reaper rep. You need 2040 losses to get lvl 100. Not a good stratergy. I pretty much do what you say already, and will take all your new feedback into account. My main issue of course, is I have to wait 20 mins for a fight.
    Thanks, mate.

yeah waiting for a fight is terrible for the participants and for the content

they made some changes to improve it but with low participation it can only go so far

if it starts gettin' to you don't hesitate to break from it, nothing in the game is worth getting into a stressed out space or getting to where you don't really wanna be around the game anymore.

• @wolfmanbush All good, mate.

I still firmly believe it's worth it. Obstacles are put in our way to see if what we want is truly worth fighting for. Considering the skelly curse is something you have to fight for to get, it damn well is.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, mate.

• @efishee

Define "skill" metricly...

Not being entirely saucy, but... I can sail better than you. You can shoot better than me. My friend can shoot better than you but sails worse than me...

• @pithyrumble Nah, all good.

By skill I mean that about 2 days ago, I got matched up with a Brave-Vanguard-Sail having double gunner. That means he's been playing since launch. I couldn't do anything as well as him, and other cosmetics such as the gold hoarders blunderbuss and skeleton curse say he's been doing this a lot more than me and has better skills.

I just mean in general, and in massive skill gaps.

• I feel your pain. I'm a level 70 on servants and it took me a while to get to this point, and I done the hourglass a few hours ago.....and they literally put us against a level 1000 ghost....a freaking level 1000....I feel your pain....

Views
7 out of 8