A real "energy" vampire on the seas.

• Was in for a long session of Order of Souls when we met a special pirate with a unique ability,

who felt the need to constantly criticise and blame everyone, saying:

• Why did you park here?
    • Who kept the loot here, its stupid
    • You're shooting the cannons too high
    • I was warning you about enemy galleon but "no one was listening to me".

(We weren't aweful by the way, he was just nitpicking on different playstyles)

He was micromanaging the ship, claiming to be an Hourglass Galleon Main...

It got so bad, after just 1 voyage, the rest were clearly making up excuses to leave, saying things like, "I got to go after this" until eventually it was just me and him talking.

I sensed that he felt somewhat bad, and tried to offer me stuff for another game, a rare shiny pokemon he got from exploiting pokemons' code, but I had to say no... It didn't feel right.

It felt very similar to working under a typical corporate boss 🤣.

His personality somehow broke the 4th wall past our screens and managed to drain our spirits, causing us to quit early 🤣

I wonder if he was self aware about it, about turning a chill session into a bad one, I mean he did show some remorse...

I am still so tired from all that draining he did, I dont even want to play tonight😵🤢

Views
  • @machikane said in A real "energy" vampire on the seas.:

I wonder if he was self aware about it.

They are not.

• Experiences like that have the opportunity to be a powerful resource for the people subjected to it.

We are all at risk of the effects from complacency and impatience, socially and within our principles.

Something I try to do is not look at it like I am immune to whatever someone else is going through and how they are reacting to it, I try to look at it as "what I am doing that is comparable to what I don't like right now in my own conduct, what areas can I improve on personally and with leadership approach?"

I see it as there is always something in those situations that I can use as a resource to improve how I talk to people, how I treat people, how I think about people, how I lead in areas of life where I have trust from people.

• I would have just tried to get the crew to brig and only let him out if he stopped. I have seen plenty of people who act that way in this game, and for some reason most of them tend to be only 20-50 hours into the game total, but some will have plenty of hours behind them.

• Sloop+closed crew+console/controller preferred....

Chef's Kiss...

Views
1 out of 5