The tale of two evenings

• Good morning mateys,
    I lead you with a tale of two evenings... One full of adventure but ended with anger and betrayal. The other full of small side quests but teachable moments for a few pirates.
    First, the first evening, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    The Good: Spawned in with a fella who was happy to sail with me, but did not necessarily like the mentality I had with teaming up in certain circumstances. For example, we went to fort of the damned and someone had unlocked the fort. We arrive and the ship present was willing to do an alliance in exchange for halfsies and even offered the chest of legends as long as they kept the 2 reapers... The bad: I was satisfied but the crewmate wanted to instantly seek them never to trust them ever and that they would backstab us.. I simply stated.. this was my captained ship, these are my rules. He stood down and we accepted the alliance and faced the fort. In the middle however trouble brewed as 2 brigs showed up and sank our ship. Is what it is, and is the risk of the game. We ensue on a chase to get the chests back but were simply outmatched. I believe in luck in this game so out of fun I usually rolled my d20 in game and got a natural 1.... that was the motto of the night with our odds. After failing to get the chests back we saw a galleon who was heading to a world event. They did not seem immediately aggressive and me and the many I have sailed with all have the logic of 'Shoot only when fired upon'. I will get some flak for this but that is okay, I am not in the business of simply taking everything I see... I pick my battles carefully and am only in this for money and helping those I can (my alignment is hunters call after all). The ugly: I offered an alliance and we were about to complete the exchange when the crewmate said screw that and fired at them.... so much for negotiations right? We spent the remainder of the time taking on a 4 crew galleon essentially solo as the allies did what they could but we were simply outmatched, outgunned, and most important.. ill prepared for the fight.. I said its foolish for us to do it as he did not have to pay the 7500 gold to repair the ship and we literally had nothing to gain from it. He was a great crewman.. just a bit overambitious at times. We set out on our ways and that was that. I repaired the parrot and set sail another day.

Fats forward to last night... I did not stick with the parrot last night and decided to show some new players I spawned in with the ropes of what to do in certain events and some tips on ship control and how to be a better seafarer. Also showed a few how to fish, and how to do vaults and that... It was a lovely time and it is encouraging seeing so many new players on the game. I always remind them that while the game is called sea of thieves, there is plenty more to do than to just simply sink everyone you see. I also tell them to look at the scenery now and then and just enjoy the game for what it is.. They are always amazed of the parrot look I chose... I like the colors, I like the atmosphere it creates on board.. those who have played with me know that I love to have fun above all... making money comes a very close second and I choose the best things that will make the most money. I know my posts are always long, but with 4 hour sessions every night, I can get some stories haha.

• Captain P
Views
1 out of 1