Acts of kindness spreading.

• Met a guy who helped us while fighting the skeleton fleet.

We initially took him as a threat because he was approaching us with our mast down, and water filling quickly. As he got close, he jumped off his bowsprit onto our ship, with hurdy gurdy in hand, playing a shanty amidst the chaos. Thankfully he started repairing & bailing. He sank, returned by mermaid, never to be seen again (we befriended & thanked him on Xbox)

And then we approached port Merrick at the sovereigns, 3 pirates emerged, and jumped onto our ship.

I was on auto-attack mode and took it as an ambush... IGNORING their offers of ashen keys & fish and sent them to the ferry.

Upon dying, one of them heaved a sigh of disappointment but they did not retaliate...
    Realising that they were indeed kind and wanted to give away these things because they didn't need them, we apologised.

As a storm loomed over the port. I took it as an opportunity to fish for stormfish to apologize and thank them, and as I gave them my catch(caught 2), it lifted their spirits.

We eventually formed an alliance to take on a nearby FoF. And knowing that the chest of fortune only rewards the crew that handed it in (in terms of the commendation to hand in 30 of them) we honored the roll of the dice, to see who gets to turn it in. (My crew won & turned it in).

Also, as we were approaching the outpost to turn in our FoF loot we noticed a sloop parked and avoided it... But through our spyglass' we could see the sloops captain waving at us and sailing away, meaning no harm... We figured it was safe and so we sold there.

We ended our session by posting on the map board and putting our supplies in front of the tavern half buried (im not sure if it actually makes it last longer, please let me know)

It felt great, especially after trauma of toxic crews, you would usually be cautious or doubtful. But in this case I relived the camaraderie and wholesomeness that drew me into this game in the first place.

While there are good & bad players anywhere. Its usually the European servers that are the most civilised 👍

I feel like gifting these guys... I never have been exposed to such proper pirates 😮

Views
  • @machikane said in Acts of kindness spreading.:

I am beginning to see a trend here...

coincidence and experience can lead to bias that obstructs sentimental opportunity

the randomness in adventure is comparable to the randomness of people, every encounter is unique even if it feels predictable, past experiences don't erase the individuality of the pirate you meet today, or tomorrow

It's awesome that you found kindness in your adventures.

• @wolfmanbush I agree, i shall edit my post. I'm not usually one to condemn with unfair bias, i really meant to share my observation.

• @machikane said in Acts of kindness spreading.:

@wolfmanbush I agree, i shall edit my post. I'm not usually one to condemn with unfair bias, i really meant to share my observation.

we all say things here or there that we would rather have not said in one way or another or would rather reword upon reflection

it's a part of being a person

keep at the kindness in adventure, it'll take care of ya

• For some its the sea of friends, for others its the sea of thieves.

• @machikane

God I wish I could go on European servers, I would be right at home! I completely understand those guys, as I'm also a person who just wants to help, though I do need to satisfy my piratey urges sometimes. I wish you luck on your journeys through the servers!

Views
5 out of 6