Am I a good captain?

• I met some funny kids in open crew

At first I captained but got really tired at the kids mucking about and being passive,

So I told the new pirate legend to captain, always pushing the responsibility to him to annoy him.

I placed bananas on our stove, when it caught fire, I blamed them and got them to send someone innocent to JAIL.

I hollered all manner of pirate curses and gibberish, laughing like a madman during tense situations (such as PvP or Megalodon, Storms, volcanos to add more stress.

I turned our ship to crash into rocks, only to blame "the captain" for all of it and that we had to SEND HIM TO JAIL

He finally cracked after about 2 hours of my nonsense and said "captains orders, steer the ship". He suggested I am the more experienced, that I should lead.

I laughed and thought, "these kids are getting smart". But instead, I changed out of my fancy outfit and title and wore raggedy clothes to counter this.

We ended up PUTTING HIM IN THE BRIG for being a smart alec and he kept complaining non stop to our amusement.

We let him out only when he declares, " I am a pirate legend, I will steer the ship" 30 times.

So he begrudgingly assumed the captain position again.

After a few adventures and defeating a reaper brig we decided to end the day with fishing, we caught a variety of different fish.

Just when they thought I was done, being all peaceful with the fishing, I burnt a rare fish and convinced the crew that someone burnt the fish and MUST BE SENT TO THE BRIG, AGAIN

That particular pirate, the smart one, the one i call "the captain" was my favourite among the bunch. I kept picking on him that he ended up adopting my pirating/captaining style. HAHAHA

I couldn't stop laughing that day. I am normally a tamed order of soul's pirate. ( I never attack unprovoked and aim for alliances).

It was all playful banter, and they'd laugh when I screwed up too. It made us a stronger crew.

As much as I am a natural captain, I really prefer support roles on sails & repairs. I am just glad he learnt to captain and now sends me and others to jail for any lame reason. HAHAHA

Tell me about your stories in the replies!

Views
    just for fun
  • Some pirates, just want to watch the banana burn.

• hahaha! indeed. Do you want to go to the brig? hahaha!

• I'm sorry but this kind of game play is why I don't sail on open crews. It would drive me insane

• @captain-fob4141
    Hahaha it ain't all that bad, i met really good people in open crew.

You might be missing out on some of the funniest situations and personality dynamics with randoms. But i guess you can find partners on other platforms to do your own matchmaking.

I always open crew because it is exciting (minus the few griefers who join just to set your ship on fire)

• @machikane and have your fun, but frankly this sounds like griefing to me and I just personally wouldn't enjoy it.

But as long as you and the people you play with enjoy it, that is what matters.

• @captain-fob4141 Yeah, It may sound like griefing but we were incredibly productive that day.

I took that opportunity to roleplay an unfair captain, who passes all the work and jails everybody.

Also, its just my opinion but i prefer meeting players with character, not the typical "gain money" and "attack for no reason over and over again", or the overly serious supposed "adult" being toxic in a funny looking kids pirate game with a cartoon aesthetic which I find kind of soulless. I guess I took that initiative in being what I want to see in others and it worked.

Yeah, the crew enjoyed it and had a good laugh throughout it all.

It just tops regular gameplay for me, so much fun🤣

• @machikane that's all that matters really,
    I enjoy roll playing in accordance with a strict code of engagement with specific rules on who to attack and when.

• @machikane

It's good to hear these kinds of stories, and I respect you because I'm also an Order of Souls pirate and I'm mostly neutral, though I got to satisfy my urge to randomly sink a ship, though for that I mostly target Reapers because I hate them with a passion and I half, and I also like to do alliances.

May the Pirate Lord guide you to fortune!

Views
just for fun
8 out of 9