Wouldn't it Be Cool if We Could Own a House in Game?

• I feel like that in Sea of Thieves, we sail and travel a lot, and sometimes you just want to park your ship and relax somewhere. The question is where? I feel like if the developers added a giant city island in the center of the map where there are 20 houses, one house for each person on a server, and there is a beacon leading you to your house that only you can see. Know if they were to do this, then they would have to change how players join servers because say that the houses are in a 4x5 grid and you buy a house in the direct middle left, so basically (1,3) on the grid, you would have to join a server where that house is available and no one else on that server has that house. Let me know if you guys think this would be an awesome idea to own a house and decorate however you want.

Views
  • If they are going to add player hideouts or houses, they'd have to be off-map.

• @d3adst1ck I could see them making it work via portals and you could choose to spawn there and appear on the map next to an outpost that you would appear if you would log in normally.

But the bigger question is, what purpose would those houses serve? I think majority of activities should be targeting a single individual rather than a crew, sure some board games or whatever could be fun, but we don't want the whole server playing dominos in those hideouts.

I could see them having a pond for some fishing perhaps ? Decorations obviously, but what else? What could be worth developers time to put into them? All your pets could be walking around, but is it really worth it just for that? There has to be something really worth developing and investing time other than for relaxing and being away from the main adventure imo.

• I don't like the idea. The ship is already considered your home, as a pirate. You can customise it already. Why would there be a need to buy a house on a specific grid and have it as yours and you'll only join servers where that lot is not taken. It just adds another unnecessary layer to joining servers.

You can already make the pre-existing islands your home. Some of them have secret hideouts too. Which makes it cooler.

Views
3 out of 4