Friends cant play game

• My friend had been able to play the game during the first year of release perfectly fine, but when he reinstalled it at a later date to play with me and our friends his game kept crashing whenever he was near an outpost and has continued so for years now he can play and do everything fine but cannot play the game solo, help sell, do hourglass properly, he could'nt even buy clothes or spend his gold until we found the sea dogs tavern, all due to the fact he is unable to be anywhere near an outpost. he enjoys the game but cannot play it properly and its really confusing why he cant be near any outpost. any info or help would be greatly appreciated

Views
  • There's a couple of things that spring to mind, outposts normally take up a lot more resources to load, because they are larger islands and obviously have a lot of NPCs etc etc

Tell them to try lower their graphic settings, and also keep an eye on the resource manager in task manager, to see if anything is bottlenecking.

• Yes, outposts are resource hogs. My frames will sometimes dip to single digits there. If I had my graphics set higher I likely would crash.

As the above post says, have them lower their graphics settings through the game menu and see how it performs.

Views
2 out of 3