What I learned in last session.

• Logged in did 1 ghost fort so about a single hour into play. Got chased by an order of souls emissary from the far west side of the map all the way to the roar. Turned to fight them died once and my ship was sunk. All I learned was I never stood a chance and should have dumped loot off my ship as I sailed into the red sea to ruin their fun too.

Views
  • far west side to roar

jump sell at plunder at ancient and last stand at morrows

or golden sands at reapers and at dagger and galleons grave

or sanctuary dagger and galleons

you surviving that long means you have more options than you seem to think you do

• @wolfmanbush Hard to sell off with someone right behind you.

• @huhxyz said in What I learned in last session.:

@wolfmanbush Hard to sell off with someone right behind you.

You can do it

you were focused on the running and the narrative

focus on the strategy and the objective and you'll do alright

• @wolfmanbush Doesn't work and you know that.

• @wolfmanbush
    What, one piece of loot per outpost if you ghostride and get good luck with waves not shoving your ship into a rock before you can mermaid back?

@wolfmanbush Doesn't work and you know that.

Everything I ever suggest on this site is formed from my experience and how I handle or handled similar/comparable scenarios

I want to see people succeed.

• @wolfmanbush Seems more like you want to see people struggle. There are plenty of counters to every suggestion you have made and every one of them has been used by more experienced players.

Logged in did 1 ghost fort so about a single hour into play. Got chased by an order of souls emissary from the far west side of the map all the way to the roar. Turned to fight them died once and my ship was sunk. All I learned was I never stood a chance and should have dumped loot off my ship as I sailed into the red sea to ruin their fun too.

No one likes poor sportsmanship. If you intend to ruin some one elses fun just because they are playing as intended then that isnt ok.

I have noticed that most of your recent posts are entirely anti pvp, while trying to justify your stance that pvp is toxic. You cant try to claim pvp in a pvpve game is toxic then create a post saying you wished you instead ruined some one elses fun because they played the game how rare designed it to be played, that is hypocrisy.

@wolfmanbush Seems more like you want to see people struggle. There are plenty of counters to every suggestion you have made and every one of them has been used by more experienced players.

You made it from the west to the east

what you are missing is that you did alright in that situation

now it's just a matter of making some adjustments for next time

• @goldsmen said in What I learned in last session.:

@huhxyz said in What I learned in last session.:

Logged in did 1 ghost fort so about a single hour into play. Got chased by an order of souls emissary from the far west side of the map all the way to the roar. Turned to fight them died once and my ship was sunk. All I learned was I never stood a chance and should have dumped loot off my ship as I sailed into the red sea to ruin their fun too.

No one likes poor sportsmanship. If you intend to ruin some one elses fun just because they are playing as intended then that isnt ok.

I have noticed that most of your recent posts are entirely anti pvp, while trying to justify your stance that pvp is toxic. You cant try to claim pvp in a pvpve game is toxic then create a post saying you wished you instead ruined some one elses fun because they played the game how rare designed it to be played, that is hypocrisy.

If playing as intended means ruining someone else's fun, the game has a problem.

• @huhxyz good for turning and fighting. There are other strategies if you are going to run other than just sailing. Could try jumping off the back and boarding and anchoring the boat. Could try using cannons on islands to break their masts to slow them down. Even if you can't sell everything, maybe you get a few valuable items off.

The best advice is to not carry more loot than you are willing to lose.

• @wolfmanbush Woo! I get to see 3 pieces of loot! I should be so happy!

• @captain-coel Tried all of these in the past and it means absolutely nothing if you are against a crew better then you and always will. Might as well scuttle as soon as the chase begins.

• @scheneighnay said in What I learned in last session.:

@goldsmen said in What I learned in last session.:

If playing as intended means ruining someone else's fun, the game has a problem.

If the crew losing doesn't understand the design of the game, that's their problem not the games.

• @captain-coel Sounds like poor design if you ask me. No reason for anyone new to join if they are never given the chance to learn against people they stand the slightest chance against but hey I'm sure the devs care about that.

@wolfmanbush Woo! I get to see 3 pieces of loot! I should be so happy!

3 is more than 0 and up is up

Whatever in game success I've had it was all built on doing something higher than zero, consistently.

You'll do awesome if you get out of your own way and embrace the path to what you will become.

• @huhxyz
    Again? Are you going to post here every time you sink?
    Seriously, please go try something else. Or hell; find a good HG crew to teach you how to pvp so we dont have to hear about it every day

• @wolfmanbush Enjoy the crumbs and learn to be a loot farmer. Sound advice.

@captain-coel Sounds like poor design if you ask me. No reason for anyone new to join if they are never given the chance to learn against people they stand the slightest chance against but hey I'm sure the devs care about that.

Every time you lose you are being given a chance to learn. You are being taught what works and what doesnt. Stop taking it so personally and maybe try experimenting and learning.

I will use team fortress 2 as an example here. Some people in that game will stand around throwing sandwiches at everyone they see regardless of team, and when some one kills them, they get upset because that person ruined their fun, forget the fact that the person was only playing the game as intended by killing an enemy. If you are upset and see some one playing as intended as ruining your own fun, then you should really consider what it is that you are playing.

Some one attacking you in a game that from its day of launch was designed to let anyone attack at any time, should not ruin your fun. If it does ruin your fun then its not a question of if something is wrong with the game, so much as if the game is for you. Not every game is designed for everyone, and even the mod team here has said to a number of people "maby this game just isnt for you". Rare made this game knowing that it would not be for everyone, and its a good thing because a lot of games that try to cater to everyone tend to die out because it just becomes convoluted and no one likes it.

No game can please everyone, many companies have tried to make something that does, but never has it worked.

• @goldsmen said in What I learned in last session.:

@scheneighnay said in What I learned in last session.:

I will use team fortress 2 as an example here. Some people in that game will stand around throwing sandwiches at everyone they see regardless of team, and when some one kills them, they get upset because that person ruined their fun, forget the fact that the person was only playing the game as intended by killing an enemy. If you are upset and see some one playing as intended as ruining your own fun, then you should really consider what it is that you are playing.

Some one attacking you in a game that from its day of launch was designed to let anyone attack at any time, should not ruin your fun. If it does ruin your fun then its not a question of if something is wrong with the game, so much as if the game is for you. Not every game is designed for everyone, and even the mod team here has said to a number of people "maby this game just isnt for you". Rare made this game knowing that it would not be for everyone, and its a good thing because a lot of games that try to cater to everyone tend to die out because it just becomes convoluted and no one likes it.

No game can please everyone, many companies have tried to make something that does, but never has it worked.

Cop-out response.

The game's PVP gameplay is god-awful for a game where it's so common.
    Saying "play a different game" instead of addressing the issue is a joke.

@wolfmanbush Enjoy the crumbs and learn to be a loot farmer. Sound advice.

you can think you're above what you have and refuse to get up

or you can appreciate every bit you earn and build on what you have

you'll thrive if you get up, dust off, appreciate the opportunity, and keep at it.

• @wolfmanbush
    And at the end of the rainbow is nothing

@wolfmanbush

how does one know without moving forward and finding out for themselves?

Cop-out response.

Ita only bad for people who take their loot too seriously. Understanding you might lose it all is part of the fun and the challenge of the game. For people who can't embrace that, this isn't the game for them. Every game isn't for everyone. Making a game for everyone is making a game for no one as people enjoy different things.

It's ultimately the fault of the end user if they purchase something without looking into it.

• @wolfmanbush said in What I learned in last session.:

@wolfmanbush

Because the core problem is the same win or lose.

Even if you win when the other ship rolls up, you wasted most of your session for nothing.

Cop-out response.

It isnt a "cop-out" by any measure. If you can name a game that everyone likes and no one has any idea of "how to make it better for me" then i may consider that it is a cop out response in the future, but every game has a set player base that its designed for, and other people who think the game is bad.

Dark souls has had people say it needs an easy mode since its inception but its a game not intended to be easy. Amnesia has people who hate how complex the puzzles and clues are, but its supposed to be complex. Even pubg, which is the most popular game in the world, has people who hate it, my self included. The solution is just that those games arnt for everyone, and i have no intent to change pubg to something that it isnt so that i like it, i just dont play it.

So as i said, not every game is for everyone, and this game is no different. Its one thing to change a game to suit the majority who already enjoy it, but if every time some one plays a game they find they arnt enjoying it, then its likely that its just not a good fit. There is nothing wrong with accepting when you dont enjoy something.

@wolfmanbush said in What I learned in last session.:

@wolfmanbush

Because the core problem is the same win or lose.

Even if you win when the other ship rolls up, you wasted most of your session for nothing.

the core problem is that people embrace complacency and blame rather than their potential

People have incredible potential even when things are tough.

• @goldsmen He's literally being the pirate he wants to be?

• @n0soup4u said in What I learned in last session.:

@goldsmen He's literally being the pirate he wants to be?

Theres a difference between playing as the pirate you want to be, and being spiteful and angry because people are playing how the game is intended.

• @goldsmen How is "if I cant have this loot no one can" not a pirate kind of attitude?

• @wolfmanbush Pfft, good joke matey. Nah, I don't have the drive to match the 16 hour a day 4k hours played this game asks for. Nor does it deserve. Trying to learn how to swim in the middle of the ocean is a horrid way to learn same goes for trying to learn how to play in these waters.

• @n0soup4u People can run and drop loot all they want.

It's the constant vilifying of players who engage in PvP that is objectionable.

• @n0soup4u said in What I learned in last session.:

@goldsmen How is "if I cant have this loot no one can" not a pirate kind of attitude?

Rare has shown they see that attitude as toxic/poor sportsmanship by barring people from using the red sea to do so.

Views
1 out of 87