Extremely frustrating...

• So I was doing solo hourglass. I was on a 2 win streak and waiting under water in the queue for a match to load. Reading these forums. And it disconnected me for inactivity. Lost everything. 50+ chains, 15 cursed balls, tons of food and wood. And my streak. Reload game and no option to rejoin session. Kinda aggravated that I just lost all of that hard work and my streak. Something needs to be done about the queue times. Or at least make it unable to disconnect due to inactivity while waiting in the queue. I'm heated.

Views
    xbox onegeneralfeedback
  • I think the problem is that the underwater part looks cool, but is boring. It needs things to do to kill time.
    Firearm practice targets, spear fishing, the ability to play your instruments. The fact that you tab out is a sign that the wait is flawed.

• NGL if you had 50 chains and 12 cursed balls it sounds like what you lost was hours spent sailing between islands. The two streak is the least of your concerns. I get two streaks diving with default supplies...

Lesson learned matey, jiggle the mouse every few minutes.

• @lordqulex I went to 2 fortresses. Lol. 15, maybe 20 minutes of sailing between islands. The rest I got from the ships I sunk. 👍

• @beetincheex said in Extremely frustrating...:

@lordqulex I went to 2 fortresses. Lol. 15, maybe 20 minutes of sailing between islands. The rest I got from the ships I sunk. 👍

Wow, nice sink! Gotta love it when someone else does the hard work for you! đŸ€Ł

• Reading these forums. And it disconnected me for inactivity

Keep moving around your ship. Don’t just stand there. Sheesh.

• You’re raging at you’re own inactivity and suddenly it’s Rare’s fault? Gees just move the mouse or your controller every so often, is it that difficult? -________-

• Its odd that the afk timer is still active while there, but you should never assume something works differently unless you have been told otherwise. It has been known for some time that the afk timer still exists in the waiting tunnel.

• @goldsmen said in Extremely frustrating...:

Its odd that the afk timer is still active while there, but you should never assume something works differently unless you have been told otherwise. It has been known for some time that the afk timer still exists in the waiting tunnel.

It's active there because while you're sitting in the tunnel, you are technically still on the server. If matchmatching is down or broken, you could hold that server slot forever which would keep the server alive the entire time since as far as I know you can't get server merged while down there.

• @d3adst1ck said in Extremely frustrating...:

@goldsmen said in Extremely frustrating...:

Its odd that the afk timer is still active while there, but you should never assume something works differently unless you have been told otherwise. It has been known for some time that the afk timer still exists in the waiting tunnel.

It's active there because while you're sitting in the tunnel, you are technically still on the server. If matchmatching is down or broken, you could hold that server slot forever which would keep the server alive the entire time since as far as I know you can't get server merged while down there.

I do get that, but if it cant find a single match it could just eject you and warn you that it couldnt find anyone, but if you are waiting for 20 minutes or more i think most people would just stop and try another time.

• @goldsmen said in Extremely frustrating...:

I do get that, but if it cant find a single match it could just eject you and warn you that it couldnt find anyone, but if you are waiting for 20 minutes or more i think most people would just stop and try another time.

It should do that, but I know before they made matchmaking tweaks players were waiting down there for quite awhile.

• @d3adst1ck said in Extremely frustrating...:

@goldsmen said in Extremely frustrating...:

It should do that, but I know before they made matchmaking tweaks players were waiting down there for quite awhile.

Some people did for sure, but i dont understand those peoples logic to wait for so long. If rare makes something that basically says "no matches could be found" and it boots you back to the surface then it could at least make those people realize that maby they have to wait a while to try again.

• @ GoldsMen

You dont understand how hourglass works.

Probably 75% of your rep gain and commendations are tied to killstreaks, and if youve already got a few, youre pretty much tied into HG for your entire session.

Its not something youre going to want to walk away from, or just go do something else for a few hours til queues maybe pick back up.

• @soulstinger2k20 said in Extremely frustrating...:

@ GoldsMen

You dont understand how hourglass works.

Probably 75% of your rep gain and commendations are tied to killstreaks, and if youve already got a few, youre pretty much tied into HG for your entire session.

Its not something youre going to want to walk away from, or just go do something else for a few hours til queues maybe pick back up.

I understand entirely how it works, but if it flat out cant find another opponent for you then there is nothing that you can do outside of passive play until it finds you an opponent, no amount of time waiting in the tunnel will change that it cant find an opponent.

• @beetincheex

So you never moved your controller or keyboard and mouse to ensure the game knows you are still active? I mean it's your own fault why you was kicked from the server for inactivity, if a player is inactive they get removed which most multiplayer games have implemented so the servers can be active with active players, so why is it a massive issue or problem to you that it happened in Sea of Thieves? Sea of Thieves has a short time window to join back into if you have been removed from the server, about 10/15 minutes. Next time, move for a second to remain in the server.

Views
xbox onegeneralfeedback
1 out of 15