Official Discord Server Hacked?

• Today I noticed that the official Discord server was gone from the servers I am in. When I tried to use the link to rejoin it I got a link to a Discord server called Sea of Thieves with the Thieves part replaced with a very racist word.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Because I'm not sure what happened to the server exactly.

Views
  • yeah, it got hacked. Likely some admin account got compromised again and deleted all the channels. I think they have it locked down right now.

• I'm not a part of the discord but I saw the message that the rare community team put out about it

It spoke of working on making things safe and secure and it will be back on when they feel confident they have handled the issue

They also encouraged people to keep themselves and their accounts safe, be careful with personal info and links type of suggestion.

• Talking about hackers...have ran into more cheaters in past 2 days than ever before...

And I hope they will restore their Discord server and find those responsible, such things should be punishable by law.

• @zig-zag-ltu I think in most countries hacking is already illegal. Biggest problem is finding who did it

• What to do if you try to join and are now banned from sot discord?

• @rorshackle said in Official Discord Server Hacked?:

What to do if you try to join and are now banned from sot discord?

https://support.seaofthieves.com/requests/new

Support can either give you more info or can help you out if for some reason you were mistakenly/wrongly banned

• "Hacking and cheating is not a problem in the SoT community"

-Rare, probably

• @ivar-azrael They haven't and probably wouldn't say that. They have addressed cheating and said they are working on it but cannot give out any information as to stay secure on their methods of fighting it.

Views
1 out of 9